RJ45 connector gone, how to replace? Crimp? New cable? Dahua SD1A203T-GN

hdA2020

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I´m not really familiar with these sort of connectors, so i might not use the right expressions.

The RJ45 connetor piece of the outgoing cable of my Dahua is gone, see attached picture.
Is it possible to crimp another connector or keystone module, jack or whatever you might call those stuff to it?
I have a test keystone module, but the different colors are already confusing.
(I found this commenct, **FIXED** Complete newby, damage to RJ45 connector! so i guess it is possible in theory)

OR ... can i replace the whole cable? The part inside the camera is called pig tail(?) ... But how would i get the stuff through the hole, which seems pretty sealed. And then re-seal it...
So working on the connector might be the easier part.
I´d be totally okay with a keystone module, because this part will the in an extra box, protected from rain water.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Replace it....found the combo cable on Ebay...

CCTV POE IP network Camera PCB video power cable RJ45 female connectors around $8. (as little as $4 plus shipping).

1702233374036.png

hdA2020

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. Using a combo would be okay, but the cable that is currently inside the camera is sitting very nice and tightly inside the case.
So using a
RJ-45 pass through connector would be an option,
@Parley , where did you lay on the wires? Are there any pictures to find somewhere?

Ebay: This particular set can´t be ordered from Germany. There are others. But shipping from China to Germany can be a tax issue (it is not just the money). Strangly there are no no european sellers and I cannot find an official product from Dahua.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a few original Optex analog combo cameras here. Built very well and I was able to install newer IP 4k 38mm camera boards in them. I did utilize cheap chinese pigtails for my connections. The plastic used for the Optex cameras has never deteriorated outside. You can probably order the pigtails from the UK maybe at a better price.