Tease

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, is the f stop the same for both cameras/lenses?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, is the f stop the same for both cameras/lenses?
Actually the bottom one , the one I’m testing, is the 5442 full color model, F1.0
The top one is the 5442 ASE 1.6

I have a lot more to do tonight and tomorrow night and will post a new thread on it.

* note the following areas for initial comparison
1- the Jeep windshield
2- the neighbors blue ford suv
3- the gold suv across the street
4- the lawn area across the street

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Trick question?! If ipcamtalk has taught me anything, it is that we need VIDEO to truly compare image quality! I can get great night-color stills on some of my cameras. But the second there is motion its blurred! But seriously, number two is looking great as the dark areas are visible!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@bigredfish spilled the beans, now we have the model number! Yes, can avoid Hikvision :rofl:

Actually the bottom one , the one I’m testing, is the 5442 full color model, F1.0

I have a lot more to do tonight and tomorrow night and will post a new thread on it.

1- the Jeep windshield

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Trick question?! If ipcamtalk has taught me anything, it is that we need VIDEO to truly compare image quality! I can get great night-color stills on some of my cameras. But the second there is motion its blurred! But seriously, number two is looking great as the dark areas are visible!
dude, I just posted a tease. There’ll be plenty of video in the full review

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its just a strip-tease of the camera's potential; wait for @bigredfish 's review before deciding to splurge money on this camera ;)

Teaser previews makes us more decisive :p

dude, I just posted a tease. There’ll be plenty of video in the full review

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Its just a strip-tease of the camera's potential; wait for @bigredfish 's review before deciding to splurge money on this camera ;)

Teaser previews makes us more decisive :p
Oh I know! Just giving you guys a hard time!! I'm excited to see the full review! Sorry if my post came off too serious :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

1- the Jeep windshield
OMG I was talking about this in a different thread how Hik ColorVu has a F1.0 instead of a F1.6 on Dahua 5442 so it is likely superior over the 5442 (which to my eyes it did look like it a bit on some reviews)

Damn if I knew a F1.0 Dahua was coming I would have not ordered my 5442 and waited !!!

Btw is it a Turret style or bullet ? Edit: Nvm I missed a comment, both bullets.

I wonder if a F1.0 5442 is coming in turret since that's personally my favorite style.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

1- the Jeep windshield
Will have more color camera coming out this year, let's see the pro model that @bigredfish tesing firstly.

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
top one - can make out a little more features on the car in drive way down there. :idk:

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah I have the turret version of that, just not going to get the same low light performance of the 1/1.8 sensor
Sorry to jump on your post about this cam. but could you please show a night time picture . so i can compare mine. i currently have mine on the default settings as i have really good led street lights. what night settings do you have yours set at. and what do you think would work best my hik dvr settings or change if needed the cams inbuilt settings. i'm happy with the daytime setting,

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@bigredfish I just realized that you're reviewing a bullet camera, not a turret. I think @EMPIRETECANDY mentioned that a turret model will be available soon too. Hopefully the foam factor sizes will not change