£600 Saved through £100 CCTV

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a small clip from a hit and run to my sons car. The driver did not stop and when I tracked the company down they would not take responsibility until I told them I have CCTV of the incident and it has been reported to the police for leaving the scene of an accident. After the company who owned the van saw the footage they couldn't be more apologetic and said that their driver never knew he hit anything!!

As you can see from the footage he rocks the car and caused £600 of damage which they paid for in full.

2020-02-11 14_36_54-Blue Iris.jpg2020-02-11 14_37_35-Blue Iris.jpgWhatsApp Image 2020-02-11 at 14.41.30.jpeg

DavidW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice. His driving behavior after looks to be an impulsive reaction after making contact with the vehicle. Glad the camera probably paid for itself there.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
What a shit driver, glad you caught him, might make him think twice about his driving and owning up to mistakes.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That was fixed properly for only 600 pounds? What about going after them for diminished value like they do in the US since it now has a accident record?

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think 6K would be enough more like 9K USD from the damage I've had before for my side door after truck hit it and ruined the outer door and screwed up the door alignment. After that got a Dashcam.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
That was fixed properly for only 600 pounds? What about going after them for diminished value like they do in the US since it now has a accident record?
I was just happy that the company admitted responsibility after seeing the CCTV footage especially what we have been going through in the last few months here in UK. All our cars have dashcams and this day and age stupid not to.