1/1.2" sensor cameras: Is there a list? (looking for a zoom/varifocal)

Reaction score
ipcamtalk community, thank you for the wealth of information. I've invested extensively in reading and searching existing information.

Even after a few months, I've yet to find clear guidance on how to shop for hardware targeting a particular sensor size. Naturally, many retailers make it difficult to select this as a filter, have inaccurate databases, or lack products from some manufacturers.

I'm targeting 1/1.2" sensors, and having trouble locating zoom / varifocal cameras. I don't need PTZ in this application - just zoom.

Any pointers? Also, are there any resources I've yet to find that focus on comparing the different 1/1.2" cameras, zoom or not? E.g., Annke NC800 vs EmpireTech IPC-Color4K-X. Thanks for your time!

Reaction score
You can search on Hikvison or Dahuas web sites by sensor size.
Interesting, I've been on the Hikvision site quite frequently — but did not notice a sensor size filter. [EDIT: a different page has one, but does not have 1/1.2" as one of the options, even though there exist several models in the product line!!] Product Selector

I'm less familiar with the Dahua line (in that I haven’t manually looked at every datasheet yet), but here there is no sensor size filter at all: Product Selector

In any case, I've looked through Hikvision’s entire lineup manually. The 6mm version of the DS-2CD2087G2-LU could be a compromise (has the 1/1.2), but it seems out of stock everywhere. I would prefer more telephoto range though, as well as the ability to adjust. It doesn't look like Hikvision makes a 1/1.2 with zoom lens (short of the extremely high-end >$1k / camera range). I'm happy to spend $500+ as needed, but probably not $1k+.

It would be helpful to know if any such camera even exists. While of course a list would be great :), maybe 1/1.2 zoom is just not available?

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting, I've been on the Hikvision site quite frequently — but did not notice a sensor size filter. [EDIT: a different page has one, but does not have 1/1.2" as one of the options, even though there exist several models in the product line!!] Product Selector

I'm less familiar with the Dahua line (in that I haven’t manually looked at every datasheet yet), but here there is no sensor size filter at all: Product Selector

In any case, I've looked through Hikvision’s entire lineup manually. The 6mm version of the DS-2CD2087G2-LU could be a compromise (has the 1/1.2), but it seems out of stock everywhere. I would prefer more telephoto range though, as well as the ability to adjust. It doesn't look like Hikvision makes a 1/1.2 with zoom lens (short of the extremely high-end >$1k / camera range). I'm happy to spend $500+ as needed, but probably not $1k+.

It would be helpful to know if any such camera even exists. While of course a list would be great :), maybe 1/1.2 zoom is just not available?
1675192039487.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ipcamtalk community, thank you for the wealth of information. I've invested extensively in reading and searching existing information.

Even after a few months, I've yet to find clear guidance on how to shop for hardware targeting a particular sensor size. Naturally, many retailers make it difficult to select this as a filter, have inaccurate databases, or lack products from some manufacturers.

I'm targeting 1/1.2" sensors, and having trouble locating zoom / varifocal cameras. I don't need PTZ in this application - just zoom.

Any pointers? Also, are there any resources I've yet to find that focus on comparing the different 1/1.2" cameras, zoom or not? E.g., Annke NC800 vs EmpireTech IPC-Color4K-X. Thanks for your time!
Yes, it would be nice to have a solid place to search for various attributes .. very many retailers / brand do not even list sensor size .. so frustrating.

This is why I prefer Dahua OEM or HIkvision OEM cameras from people like Andy / Amcrest / Nelly's ( all vendors here ) who list the specs.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree. I have not seen a search engine for sensor size. To me that is one of the most important qualifications.