1/2" CMOS low light cameras: Hikvision DS-2CD6026FHWD vs Sony SNC-VB635?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a Fujinon DV10x8SA-SA1L C mount lens lying around. If you had to choose between the above two cameras, which would you get? The sensor on the hikvision is 1/1.8" and the Sony is 1/2", so very close. Both take a 1/2" format lens. Both are very low light. The Hikvision will cost a few hundred more. I think the HIkvision is about a year newer (2015) vs the Sony (2014).

Or is there another low light camera that competes in the same price range?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
So far I have been impressed with the 1/1.8" sensor for the night time picture qualities. I am not familiar with either camera so I cannot say between the two.

ptzman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a Fujinon DV10x8SA-SA1L C mount lens lying around. If you had to choose between the above two cameras, which would you get? The sensor on the hikvision is 1/1.8" and the Sony is 1/2", so very close. Both take a 1/2" format lens. Both are very low light. The Hikvision will cost a few hundred more. I think the HIkvision is about a year newer (2015) vs the Sony (2014).

Or is there another low light camera that competes in the same price range?
Which one of the two cameras did you choose? Did you have a problem reading the Sony (if you chose that one) video AVI file on your computer?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Which one of the two cameras did you choose? Did you have a problem reading the Sony (if you chose that one) video AVI file on your computer?
I ended up buying two Sony SNC-VB635 cameras for $199 each on ebay. They've been awesome and have great color at night in low light.

ptzman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. Please excuse any mistakes that I make, I am typing with one hand, a little nerve damage in my right hand. What video player are you using to view the exported AVI files from the camera to the pc? I have used several video player including window media player with no luck.