1/4-20 adapter?

tanthony01

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a handful of Eufy Solocams I put up around my property to keep an eye on some holdover tenants and squatters. However, I've had multiple cameras stolen on different occasions.
The cameras mount with a 1/4-20 connector, and I'm using these mounts:

After positioning the cams, I used JB Weld epoxy to secure to the locking nut to the back of the camera, and I used JB Weld Steelstik around the ball joint and up to the back of the locking nut since the ball joint seemed to be a weak spot.

One camera looks like it was twisted off the screw, so the epoxy might not have been applied properly. Two cameras were ripped off the ball joint area is broken, so the Steelstik didn't do as good a job as I hoped.

Is there a 1/4-20 adapter type thing that I can use to attach the cameras to a more serious mount? Or any recommendations on how to harden existing mounts? If they can't steal the cameras then great, otherwise I'd like them to burn enough time struggling to remove the cameras so the cops can actually show up and catch them in the process.

Thanks!

tanthony01

n3wb
Reaction score
That stuff holds anything together, warm it up slightly with a heat gun and it’s never coming off.
Huh, like Gorilla duct tape:

I taped off parts of my siding with Gorilla black duct tape to prevent the IR beam from bouncing off and washing out the image at night. Worked like a charm.

So just wrap the mount, ball joint, and locking nut in the tape, apply heat gun and that will work?

Edit:

Or the permanent one?

Reaction score
I believe the suggestion was more in jest but you could always try it. I’ve never used the permanent gorilla tape but I do have good luck with the original and as stated applying just a slight amount of heat with a heat gun really makes it stick

Last edited:

RGL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1/4-20 is a pretty common bolt size. Maybe find someone with a welder, have them spot weld it on to something with something substantial that will let you mount it how you like? Use some long bolts through a flange that has the bolt welded to it or something like that?

Reaction score
I don’t know if you’ve ever tried to get it off of something but it sucks. Wrap it around enough times and it should at least slow somebody down