1 a.m. Guy In A Mask

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
  • 01:08:00: It's a bit after 1 AM and I just got home from the late shift.
  • 01:08:15: I head out to check the mailbox since I've been away all day.
  • 01:08:30: I get to the box about the time some asshat comes from behind my car, approaching me, wearing a mask and his right hand in jacket pocket.
  • 01:09:00: I'm calling 9-1-1, reporting a shooting at the end of my driveway just inside the door to my house.
Don't forget the part about he has a knife in his cold dead hand....hmm, wonder where that came from?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
$129 for ultimate.. hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can take the time to master an initially steep learning curve (plenty of tutorials out there), Davinci Resolve is free and so capable it's been used for some Hollywood movies!

There's very little difference between the free and the Pro versions from an amateur perspective - the Pro version comes with special effects and a few other tweaks but there's very little difference overall.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My neighborhood used to have mailboxes that looked just like that, until we found out how easy it was for the bad guys to pry them open using the outgoing mail slot. They can then open both of the doors and easily access everything inside....
Geez lucky you. I wish they would pry ours open. They're welcome to all that junk mail. I get nothing via paper mail anymore. It's not secure, obscured by junk mail and no way to verify received unless you're willing to spend a bit. I kind of laugh when someone asks for my mailing address. I always tell them that I never check it so anything mailed is going into the trash most likely.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Install a motion-activated mechanical "punch" in your mailbox

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Good video Lulu. Another reason to get a "good" locking mail box. I have not had issues with mail theft, that I know of, but did recently get a locking mailbox. The main reason was when I go on vacation, I do not have to notify mailman to hold mail. It is large enough to hold small packages and mail for weeks. I think locking mailboxes will be seen more and more with all that is going on with mail / ID theft. Good luck with this wierdo. I would like to know what video editor you use also.

There has been theft around here where the theif has keys to the mailbox, and just opens them up swipes the mail closes it and runs.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Isn't it ironic. A few weeks ago a guy in a mask was a criminal. Now, a guy in a mask is a hero. Somehow, I doubt he was from the Dept of Health back then or protecting others though.