1 camera drops signal

jcorbin121

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using a 8 port POE injector. The camera in question is a Dahua IPC-HFW1320S 3M
, 2 weeks old. I had an Escam on this port that never dropped the signal, however half the IR quit on that one after 3 years service. I put a Wemo wifi switch on the POE injector and if I power cycle the injector all cams come back online just fine. I moved ports on the injector and same. The cable tested out fine. Someimes it happens once a day sometimes it wont happen for 2 or 3 days. Has never gone more than 3 days yet. Anyone had symptoms like this before?

jcorbin121

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe after a frustrating 4-5 hours of troubleshooting I have resigned myself to the fact that the POE injector is not powering all 8 ports when > 6 are connected. ALL cameras work if no more than 6 are connected. So none of the cameras are faulty (I believe). I tried all the combinations I could of 6 being connected and all work. If I leave the 6 connected and connect #7 it never comes online. cant ping #7, the Splitter at the other side gets a power light but no link light. I ordered a POE switch to validate myself..... I hope this is the solution.

jcorbin121

n3wb
Reaction score
Confirmed. Switch is in the line and so far no drops. I can only assume the POE injector was having some kind of hardware fault. All 8 Cams cam online,