1 of 2 cam alerts not showing up in alert window

karlh

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 total cams, 3 are active 24/7. Two are the same model Amcrest Wifi PTZ. Both are set identically in BI and in the Amcrest setup software.

When triggered both record video. I can see the video in the stored folder. However only 1 shows up in the "CLIPS" pane.

I am hoping someone has a solution so I can avoid having to do a factory reset and starting from scratch on the thing.

The alerts from the other 2 cams show up as expected as well. It is just the one Amcrest camera that doesn't.

Screenshot: Screenshot (There should be about a 50/50 dispersion on the alerts in this screen capture)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Under camera 'Properties', 'Record' tab, you have 'create Alert list images when triggered', correct?
Have you performed a 'Repair DB' ?
That cam's alert image not showing in the clip thumbnails should have nothing to do with the cam settings, that's all in BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 4 total cams, 3 are active 24/7. Two are the same model Amcrest Wifi PTZ. Both are set identically in BI and in the Amcrest setup software.

When triggered both record video. I can see the video in the stored folder. However only 1 shows up in the "CLIPS" pane.

I am hoping someone has a solution so I can avoid having to do a factory reset and starting from scratch on the thing.

The alerts from the other 2 cams show up as expected as well. It is just the one Amcrest camera that doesn't.

Screenshot: Screenshot (There should be about a 50/50 dispersion on the alerts in this screen capture)
'
ensure create alert list images when triggered is checked in the record tab.
you dont have to factory reset. simply delete the camera in BI and add it back.
also your cpu usage is 99 percent...that is not going to work...you need to enable direct to disk and other cpu saving methods..see wiki on top of page.

karlh

n3wb
Reaction score
Super. That worked. Missed that when I was comparing settings.

Thanks for the info on the encoding. I tried it and it does keep the CPU load down when all the cams are recording continuously.