100% CPU Utilization and Blue Iris Crashed?

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably unrelated but I am wondering why the service is running in efficiency mode
I noticed that as well but I have no idea how it's set to run in that mode. After I rebooted the PC, it's gone.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you running AI on ALL your cameras?

You only really need it on point cameras as these tend to be high traffic areas. The more cameras you have running AI, the more processing power you'll use. The main focus of AI is to cut down uneccessary alerts. Also, consider what filters you are using. The more items you choose to identify, the processing has to happen to check all the item against all the photographs. I keep my list simple to Person, Car, Truck and Bike.

As for efficiency mode.

In the search box at the bottom left of your screen type "Control" - a list should form with "Control Panel App" in it. Click this.

This will open another list. Click "Power Options"

If it doesn't open on this, click "Choose a power Option". Click "Balanced" if it's currently in "Power Saver" , or if you want to go all out (I always do) click "High Performance". The latter will give yopu maximum performance from your pc. Don't worry about the power. I doubt you'll notice any difference.

Also whilst in the same window click "Change when the computer sleeps" and ensure"Turn off the display" and "Put the computer to sleep" are both set to "Never".

The latter won't help performance, buit will help with other issues including a known windows bug with waking up from sleep mode.

Also check your BI version for a known stable version with the builds people are using on here.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are right, I probably don't need AI for all of my cameras, I disabled all except two just now. The filter list is simple.

For the power options. i just leave it the way it is and see what happens.

Are you running AI on ALL your cameras?

You only really need it on point cameras as these tend to be high traffic areas. The more cameras you have running AI, the more processing power you'll use. The main focus of AI is to cut down uneccessary alerts. Also, consider what filters you are using. The more items you choose to identify, the processing has to happen to check all the item against all the photographs. I keep my list simple to Person, Car, Truck and Bike.

As for efficiency mode.

In the search box at the bottom left of your screen type "Control" - a list should form with "Control Panel App" in it. Click this.

This will open another list. Click "Power Options"

If it doesn't open on this, click "Choose a power Option". Click "Balanced" if it's currently in "Power Saver" , or if you want to go all out (I always do) click "High Performance". The latter will give yopu maximum performance from your pc. Don't worry about the power. I doubt you'll notice any difference.

Also whilst in the same window click "Change when the computer sleeps" and ensure"Turn off the display" and "Put the computer to sleep" are both set to "Never".

The latter won't help performance, buit will help with other issues including a known windows bug with waking up from sleep mode.

Also check your BI version for a known stable version with the builds people are using on here.