100 Watt 850nm Led

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I took the plunge and built a IR Illuminator with one of those Chanzon 100 Watt 850nm Leds. It is using the 44mm 60d lens. I as of now have built one and have 3 more leds to be here tomorrow so I can build 3 more. Believe me when I tell you if built correctly you'll light up all your property and half the towns! LOL!!! Mine is in my window facing the back yard and am clearly able to see past that! All 4 will be used in a N/E/W/S figuration none of my property will be without infrared light.
For anyone interested in doing this check out YouTube (do a search). As many know, i'm just a regular guy who likes tinkering. So, i'm not trying to boost anyones sales!
Good Luck!!!

Last edited:

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Youtube link #fail or did you mean do a search on Youtube ?

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I checked out this guys vids. Seems as if he knows what he's doing!
You can do it for way under $100 US!!!
If any help is needed just ask.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There's other great videos on 100 watt Leds on there too.
Just switch the LED to a 850nm or 940nm Led chip!
Good Luck!!!

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I will post a build list and some pics when I get a lil more time.
It's very simple!
I wont be buying any more IR illuminators anymore. I'll be building my own!
940nm do not show this glowing RED light isn't it ? but provide a bit less light to cameras so it's more discreet I guess and may be do not attract all those bugs and spiders if you put it very close to camera ?

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The only solution I have found is a broom! LOL

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Forgive me for dragging up an old thread but I am considering doing the same. I have 3 reflector bodies with burnt-out guts. The bodies are still in great condition and I've been trying to find a use for them.

Looking to order some 50W 850nm IR LED boards and matching drivers off of AliExpress. Should be more than enough light for what I need as I currently use a 6W IR illuminator.

How have your units held up?