1080p or above PTZ camera options on the budget?

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have couple older Foscam PTZs and I really don't care for their reliability. THey are mounted in outside enclosures with IR turned off. Would be nice to get a PTZ camera or two that is bit more reliable and hopefully higher resolution. >$150 would be ideal, but I realize I might be dredging the bottom with that kind of per cam budget. Any suggestion?

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@nayr has posted a review here of his Dahua PTZ. It is slightly higher than your budget at around $200 shipped, but it is by accounts an excellent camera with a great picture. You might want to look into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did see that one in my search. Unfortunately, it isn't IP66 rated. I don't have much of roof overhang to hide it

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ugh... might just need to go the route of mounting several of the turrets and go that route. PTZ seems to be still on the expensive side and resolutions suck in general
Almost all of my cameras are LTS 3MP turrets. Would love to find as reliable but bit less costly turret. $75 a pop for 3MP would be perfect

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Must have misunderstood you. Though you suggested I don't go Huisun route

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Probably, I love these Huisun PTZs. Reliability part might be questionable as there have been number of reports of POE going bad, including one of mine, but there is workaround for that if that happens.

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems like this is the vendor everyone is buying from

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It's not just "only $50 more". The cam is much larger footprint and no POE.

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am more interested in image quality and stability. You are correct, I don't need PoE, since power source is in the light pole

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am more interested in image quality and stability. You are correct, I don't need PoE, since power source is in the light pole
Huisun mini ptz is about the only thing close to that price range.

I'm in the process of reviewing another ptz in that range but it will be a few days before I post much more about it.

Are you recording? NVR? Computer?

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PTZ is more for me to fire up and check different areas that might not be covered. The rest of the cameras are all on motion triggers via Blue Iris.

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How about HiK DS-2CD2F42FWD wireless version? I can probably live without zoom and it will sit in IP66 enclosure

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
What about it? I think you just need to make your own decision on whether you need longer zoom at all or prefer compact design with limited night vision capabilities, but wireless.

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know I am going to order this one from Monica http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Model-CCTV-Camera-2MP-10X-IP-Bullet-PTZ-Camera-IP66-Weatherproof-Sony/32448991426.html for the location where I want night vision.

Then I have a location by the garage with lots of flood lights, where I already have this enclosure http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Encloser-Wansview-Surveillance-Security/dp/B005XU7OL0 with busted Foscam in it. I just want to replace Foscam with something that is better resolution and wireless. Zoom function is nice to have, but not a dealbreaker

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So, is it for outside? That cam isn't IP66 rated (but you already know that) and 10 meter range is quite limiting. I would look into getting a cheaper turret with better night vision.