10x V2 Substream with IVMS

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For some reason i cannot seem to view the substrem on my 10X V2 cam using IVMS. Even usig the fluent option selcted he main stream is still on. The main stream ivms will not allow me to view or use the ptz controls without the pictre freezing due to the high banwidth.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi. I recently had this issue. It was caused by the IP 2 MP PTZ having to high FPS & bitrate sub-stream settings, lowered to 12 FPS & 512 bitrate, all OK.
Hope this helps.

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi. I recently had this issue. It was caused by the IP 2 MP PTZ having to high FPS & bitrate sub-stream settings, lowered to 12 FPS & 512 bitrate, all OK.
Hope this helps.
Yes because of the high bandwidth. It wll no let me change the substream, only the main, which i do not want to do since the main stream is the recording stream. What ports are you using?

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need to adjust the sub-stream down via the IP PTZ interface.
Not sure what you mean by IP PTZ interface. I normally adjust the streams under the audio/video tab thru web browser or by changing the setting in the IVMS software.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes indeed the web interface. Adjust the sub-stream down & see if this will allow you to view the lacking stream via ivms4200/4500?

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So you have resolved by lowering the sub-stream rates via the IP cam web interface?

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So you have resolved by lowering the sub-stream rates via the IP cam web interface?
There is currently no fix as far as I know. Hopefully it's just a firmware update. There is no substream if using a Hik NVR or IVMMS. You can change the quality of the substream and nothing will happen. It will only allow you to change the main stream but that is the recording stream and you would not want to do that. I just switch the camera out with my V1 3x. The original works fine with both streams and I like the wider viewing area!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
btw are you using ivms4200? I am not finding where to select sub stream.

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
btw are you using ivms4200? I am not finding where to select sub stream.
Yes the mobile iPhone Ap. it's the square box icon to choose video quality. Gives the options of clear...fluent...custom. Under custom you can can choose either stream that you would like make the the adjust to.