12 Hour Clips, from 10pm to 10am and 10 am to 10pm?

IPCamDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys, another question for all the pros on here! :)

I would like my BI to record all motion clips between 10pm to 10am as one single file so that I can easily review each camera's footage for what happened overnight in one file. I currently have my cameras set to "combine or cut" each 12 hours or 4.5 GB and have my database set to compact every night at 8pm. However for some reason when I review clips they seem to break up into separate clips at midnight rather than letting me view one long clip between 10pm to 10 am the following day.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I get it so that I can see all of the motion that occurred between 10pm and 10am in one single clip?

Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think you can do it...in fact, if you look at the help file " your specified group time evenly divides the day (such as 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 6 hour intervals), then Blue Iris will align groups on these intervals. That is, when you start recording at 3:29pm with a 1 hour interval, a new clip will be opened at 4:00pm."
So its dividing your day up in two 12 hour intervals...but only at 12am and 12pm...you can email support with your suggestion, which is a good one..