12 Hours In No success Connecting-Trying to connect ConfigTool

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SOLVED!!!!!

Downloaded configtool on Dahua, Think I did a hard reset (how can you tell?) on IPC-HDW4231em-as camera. Connected camera via cat5e cable to computer after downloading ConfigTool (trying to reset password) Opened configtool, shows no connections, hit login, pop up had areas already filled in with 172.12.7.95 ip address, admin user and 5 character password (assuming admin but not sure), port 37777 hit connect and it fails. I'm so frustrated can't even sleep for thinking about it.Any help greatly appreciated.

When I did the hard reset it reset my Lorex NVR password.
See more info here please.
Bought 4 Dahuas, One not connecting, Any Help Appreciated

Last edited:

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK fixed first problem. The camera needed a dc12v adapter, ran across town to buy one just now. Evidently ethernet to laptop isn't strong enough to power it. So now I CAN see my camera on config with the ip address of 10.1.1.67 but when I follow directions and put that in browser it doesn't go anywhere. Also the sign in password for config is already there (can't view it) yet it won't login.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
OK fixed first problem. The camera needed a dc12v adapter, ran across town to buy one just now. Evidently ethernet to laptop isn't strong enough to power it. So now I CAN see my camera on config with the ip address of 10.1.1.67 but when I follow directions and put that in browser it doesn't go anywhere. Also the sign in password for config is already there (can't view it) yet it won't login.
Ethernet w/o a poe injector will NEVER work.

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ethernet w/o a poe injector will NEVER work.
LOL well I know that now! No one even mentioned that. I am not using a switch or poe injector! How many hours did I search for that camera? More than I want to think about. Ethernet with 12vdc works fine...thank goodness, had to go to electrical supply store across town.