12 MP camera

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, got the IPC-HFW81230E-Z , 12 MP camera .... :)
Hope to be able to post a little review about it, the next week.
Cheers,
jonatha

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nope ... we haven't been able to solve the issue yet ....hope to know something this week ....
Cheers,
jonatha

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Little follow up .... firstly I have to thanks @EMPIRETECANDY, he helped a lot me to solve the issue with the camera, so thanks !
The camera, during the daytime, @4K is ... fantastic , during nighttime, well, isn't a Starlight, but is much, much better than, for example, the hikvision EXIR DS-2CD2T42WD-i8, less noise and more details (to be honest, seems that the SmartIR on the hik works better, but I havent tested in deepth yet).
Now I'm a bit busy, but soon I'll post something about ....
Cheers,
jonatha

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Little follow up .... firstly I have to thanks @EMPIRETECANDY, he helped a lot me to solve the issue with the camera, so thanks !
The camera, during the daytime, @4K is ... fantastic , during nighttime, well, isn't a Starlight, but is much, much better than, for example, the hikvision EXIR DS-2CD2T42WD-i8, less noise and more details (to be honest, seems that the SmartIR on the hik works better, but I havent tested in deepth yet).
Now I'm a bit busy, but soon I'll post something about ....
Cheers,
jonatha
first thing I looked at was the lux rating, which kinda sucks, I wouldn't expect a ridiculously awesome night time color image, daytime should be amazing.

Merlin93

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey @redfive any update on the review? The IPC-HFW81230E-Z is on the list of cameras I am considering as well. Would love to see some examples (video and 100% screen grabs at 12MP) and an update on how you like it now that you've had it a few months. :)

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Merlin93
I've been busy with my job, and I still haven't found enough time to dedicate to a review, I have shown the camera to a couple of my customers, they have been really impressed, (in addition to the IPC-HDW5231R-Z), in this month I should install all the camera, but even order some new ones, as soon as I can, I'll post some (positive, of course :)) impressions. On the fly ... 4K seems better than 12MP
Cheers,
jonatha