12002 timeout error

carolyn

n3wb
Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me. I have several foscam IP cameras set up at my massachusetts location and I use Blue Iris software to access them. I use their remote IP address, not my home IP. I have no trouble viewing all my cameras whether at home, or outside of home on my mobile device or using anyone else's wifi. In October when I went to my florida home all my cameras came up on Blue Iris except one. I could not access this one camera from any device either. I kept getting 12002 timeout error. I expected to try to fix this problem once I returned to massachusetts. However, when I returned, the camera worked perfectly in Blue Iris, on the Internet, whether I am at the airport, etc. So I did not change any settings. I have now returned to Florida and I cannot access that same camera either through Blue Iris or on the Internet. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I can access my massachusetts router and it shows the camera is online and port is open.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are these cameras on wifi or hardwired?

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are on wifi.
That's most likely the problem. Wifi is unreliable. I still have a bunch of wifi Foscams that I bought before I learned about this forum. I now use them for non-critical areas. Some of them stay connected without issue, some get kicked offline when I turn a baby monitor on, and some randomly get disconnected for no apparent reason. Whenever this happens, I get the same 12002 error message. After some time (could be days), they will randomly come back online.

If reliability is important to you, get them wired.