12mp / 4k resolution dahua ptz camera network issue.....

Letcherboo

n3wb
Reaction score
I had install 6 nos. of the ptz IP camera on street light pole Abt 2 and a half years ago.. 5 of 6 suddenly not working.. It happen within a week.. the camera still can boot up as normal.. rotating n swing during power up.. the network port can see the network link led blinking.. juz cannot access or ping the IP.. initially I use power adaptor 24 Ac to power up the camera n I replace with new one prob not solve.. I even use Poe injector to connect to my camera cat 6 out door cable also the same.. camera can power up as normal boot up n network link led is blinking but cannot ping to the camera IP.. pls help !!!

Letcherboo

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you protect and waterproof the network connections to each camera using dielectric grease, self-fusing rubber tape / Coax Seal as described here ?

Did you assign a unique IP address to each camera and make them all static, not DHCP?
Not so complicated.. I use the original dahua provided rj45 protection cover sleeve which is water proof come together with the ptz camera n I also use wire tape to cover it on whole..
The IP was static n unique n is already operate more than 2 n half years with the NVR located abt 7km far away from camera using ptp - ligowave rapid fire (wireless).. it suddenly hapen n the camera was install at 10m height fr lamp pole.. any advice how come the network link led is blinking but cannot access.. n 5 camera happen the same issue within one weeks.. left one can access.. all in local LAN with no internet access..

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not so complicated.. I use the original dahua provided rj45 protection cover sleeve which is water proof come together with the ptz camera n I also use wire tape to cover it on whole..
So I guess the short answer is "No".
Have you inspected a couple of RJ-45 connections at the non-working cams just see how they look?

Letcherboo

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera located 10 meters height.. I need to order skylift to get to the camera.. could it possible the firmware or software on camera malfunction ? Do u think the prob can b solve it by reset the camera ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I so curious how come it all happen within one weeks..
Any recent, severe thunder and lightning storms?
Any recent torrential downpours of rain, blowing winds?
High humidity and extreme swings of temperature from hot to cool?

Any of the above events can wreak havoc on outdoor electronic components and their connections over time and in some cases, suddenly.

If you reset the cam, it will likely need re-configuring AND if you get close enough to do a reset you should be able to inspect and/or test those network connections.
You may have to take one cam down and if the connections look good take it to a place where you can fully test it.

Letcherboo

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes.. this is my plan.

1. Reset the camera. Bring laptop to the skylight n lay one temp LAN cable to the CCTV cabinet.. check camera access..

2. I will bring the new outdoor cat6 24awg to replace old one if issue on LAN cable..

3. If prob still exist.. uninstall it n send to dahua service center..

Next Tuesday nite will know the answer..

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Trusting the "watertight" connector housing in your environment is a plan for failure. There are numerous threads here on IPCT with similar problems traced to corrosion in the RJ45 connector enclosed in those housings. Dielectric grease, self amalgamating tape (Coax Seal) and a couple of layers of quality electrical tape are the only, known and proven, method to prevent corrosion over time in damp environments or environments with high humidity or temperature swings. Even the "minor" amount of moisture produced by temperature changes is enough to cause problems over time.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes.. this is my plan.

1. Reset the camera. Bring laptop to the skylight n lay one temp LAN cable to the CCTV cabinet.. check camera access..

2. I will bring the new outdoor cat6 24awg to replace old one if issue on LAN cable..

3. If prob still exist.. uninstall it n send to dahua service center..

Next Tuesday nite will know the answer..
In the event it is not part of your plan already, the following will help isolate possible issues between cam and CCTV cabinet:
If you can inject power while up on the lift, reset the laptop to an IP on the cameras network scheme, and direct connect to the cam via ethernet.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Are tha cams still under warranty? If the connector shows signs of water damage then I’d doubt that the warranty would be honoured.

Was the connector exposed to the elements or was it inside a waterproof junction box?

Letcherboo

n3wb
Reaction score
Are tha cams still under warranty? If the connector shows signs of water damage then I’d doubt that the warranty would be honoured.

Was the connector exposed to the elements or was it inside a waterproof junction box?
I don't think the prob came with the water or sort of humidity.
Extend to 3 years warrant during purchased.. I have been told by local sole agent faulty camera might need to send back to China for repair if components parts damage not available in local and also any malfunction cause by lighting was not cover under warranty. Hopefully I can solve this issue by simply press the reset button.