130° FOV camera working with Lorex NVR

elena

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the forum, and I have been trying to get a wide angle camera to connect to my Lorex LNR616 NVR, but no luck so far. I think it is made by Dahua and it is rebranded by Lorex.

I do not want a fisheye, but something around 130°-160° at a reasonable price. Lorex has a couple at 160° and 155° but they are wifi, and I do not think that my NVR can connect to them.

FLIR FX Outdoor Wifi Security Camera
2K Outdoor WiFi Security Camera with 60ft Night Vision and 155 degree Wide-Angle Lens

I did look at a Dahua video how it is possible to connect a WiFi cam to wired NVR, but I do not think the UI of Lorex has this options.

NVR/Basic Setup/Connect WiFiCamera To WiFiRouter To WiredNVR - Dahua Wiki

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you can connect the camera to your home network via wireless, and you can connect the NVR to your home network via wire, then they will be able to communicate with each other as if the camera was plugged in.

elena

n3wb
Reaction score
If you can connect the camera to your home network via wireless, and you can connect the NVR to your home network via wire, then they will be able to communicate with each other as if the camera was plugged in.
Will this allow to use the camera to record with motion on the Lorex NVR and use all the function of the NVR on the camera? Honestly a POE camera will be a better option if available. Thank you.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it should allow all that stuff to work as long as the camera and the NVR both support the features you want. Wireless is just one small piece of the overall system and does not affect other capabilities.

I agree PoE would be better. In fact I'm kind of surprised it isn't a feature on either of those you linked because their prices certainly are high enough.