15 Best IP Surveillance Cameras in 2017.... I think NOT

Dingus

n3wb
Reaction score
Sites like these are SEO optimized ad revenue factories. For example, Ctrl F the article and search for "one of" . 19 hits in one article. Great writing. uBlock Origin shows 15 blocked ads on the main page. I'm sure Tom Swanson is a real person too.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sadly this is what the vast majority of consumers think of as state of the art for video surveillance. The equipment we play with here is beyond their attention span and budget... because you know that $100 a week they piss away on useless shit at Wally World is so much more important..

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So if Malwarebytes and Avast have identified this site as malware infected, would it be prudent to remove the link and recommend people don't go there?

Could be a false positive, I guess.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
So if Malwarebytes and Avast have identified this site as malware infected, would it be prudent to remove the link and recommend people don't go there?

Could be a false positive, I guess.
It's not installing or compromising your system. It's not a false positive but it's not harmful either "so to speak". It's alarming to the mult forward links that occurs due to the ads and redirects associated with them.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Amazing how many professional reviewers recommend rubbish like 420TVL Sannce or Annke and say buy from Amazon (via their affiliate link) but NEVER EVER post real photos and NEVER EVER post real screenshots.

If I can find it there is a great review where someone bought 720H (that's basically Annke/Sannce joke advertising pretending it's 720p 1280x720 but really is 720x480 480TVL crap) Annke because a "reviewer" showed a 2MP screenshot from a completely different camera. He posted a screenshot and it was terrible. Glad he left a bad review and sent it back to Amazon. Shame on Annke and Sannce for selling this rubbish.

Shame on those affiliate advertisers who recommend rubbish for personal gain. I wouldn't mind honest reviews getting pennies to run their website. That's different.