16 Channel interface for Alarm signals going into NVR system

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Aside from having 16 camera inputs, my NVR system has 16 alarm inputs for things like sensors and reed switches. Unfortunately I can only remotely turn on and off the alarms for the camera and not the other 16 alarm inputs. I would like to be able to remotely control (via an app on my Iphone) which one of the 16 alarm inputs is alarmed whenever I desire. In other works. I want to control when the signal can go from the the device to the NVR. This will help eliminate the number of emails I get on my phone do to alarms when I am home.

I found this but is does not have hardwire inputs.

smartDEN IoT Internet / Ethernet 16 Relay Module - DIN Rail BOX

This one looks like it would work but only has 8 inputs.

Internet/Ethernet Relay Board 12 Channel with DAEnetIP4 - I/O, SNMP, Web

Does anyone have any ideas?

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so in other words you want to be able to use a relay to shut off the sensors , preventing of detection when you are at home ?
You can use 1 relay to turn them all off also.
simple relay bord with web application should do or use a home automation program.
whatever you want is possible.

Benak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've used this company's products at work, I'm not sure what all you want to control (voltage, current, etc.) but in general this stuff is flexible:

ControlByWeb | Ethernet I/O for Relay Control and Remote Monitoring

If you want to put more effort into things you can get by cheaper with rasberryPi, beaglebone, etc but I have several locations I have implemented the relays from these guys for IP watchdogs, etc. with reliable reaults.