16 port unmanaged PoE Switch - $70

Reaction score
What rack did you decide on?
I went cheap, because I am a cheap ass. :cool:

This one has pretty decent reviews. There are a lot of photos from people who bought this (in different sizes) and show how they are using the rack. There are some negative reviews, as there are with everything, and I have not opened the box to inspect the parts on mine. Hopefully it will be complete and without issues. :thumbdown:
Check out the customer-reviewer photos---

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
@sdkid Thanks! I looked at all of the comment photos. I have a feeling that I will be getting one of these as my IT Closet is getting chaotic and I still have another POE switch to install.
I have a lot of new wires to run. Going in the attic is a major damned pain for me-- crouching over because of the low height and making sure I don't go through the damn ceiling... My back is killing me because I might be too old for that shit, LOL.... and I just started. My networking area is in a utility room next to the furnace....an ugly tangle of wires and crap, with my BI computer sitting below on a wire shelving unit. It will be nice to get it all organized. I have to get my attic work done though while it is reasonably cool... When the weather gets hotter, I can work in the basement utility room and terminate connections on my patch panel and hook it all up. No hurry right now I guess....

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey! I used AmazonPay to pay for this way back when. Eventually I just gave up on it since I was never actually charged and TigerDirect never showed the order as being processed.. But tonight I just got a message from Amazon that they processed the payment. $75, including tax. Either a) a switch will arrive in a few days, or b) I'll have to go through the hassle of getting my money back. I never got around to shopping for another switch, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for choice a. I'll post an update when I know which way it goes.

Anyone else get theirs yet?
Yes, just delivered today. based on packaging, it is brand new. Only thing it doesn't come with is rack mounts, but they can be made or most likely found on ebay. It appears you can use a more powerful PSU, as there is a switch on the back to go from 90W/1.66A, 130W/2.4A (default), 200W/3.7A. Thanks @redpoint5.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, just delivered today. based on packaging, it is brand new. Only thing it doesn't come with is rack mounts, but they can be made or most likely found on ebay. It appears you can use a more powerful PSU, as there is a switch on the back to go from 90W/1.66A, 130W/2.4A (default), 200W/3.7A. Thanks @redpoint5.
same here. Arrived today.