190+ MPH Yes, You Read That Right

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Look at what he's driving, an AMG :rofl: Look at what he's listening to. That makes it worse. Like Car, Like Driver :lmao:

The guy is quite simply a dick. Driving at those speeds with one hand on his phone, hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
There was a guy driving a vett that recorded himself at 130mph on the interstate, then was selling
the video to guys on a forum. A police officer took interest and met him to buy a video, and promptly
handed him a ticket for reckless driving.

Reaction score
He will be arrested, i noticed many other videos on youtube with idiots like this. They eventually find and arrest the ones who are doing over 150. I drove my 1994 mustang gt, 120 once. It was on Interstate 10 passing through Arizona. The highway is flat and straight in that area i was in. I immediately dropped it back down to 80 which is the speed limit in that area. But was focused and with both hands on the steering wheel.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I was literally waiting for the "pew pew pew" sirens coming in hot. But was disappointed :-(

Maybe we won't see follow-up videos because the dude parked his AMG somewhere upside down on a parking at Walmart :)

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I watched a couple more videos that popped up, and he had another one showing 190+,
and comments said he has deceased trying to get a new top speed.
Hope he did not take out anyone else.

I have been pretty fast, but it was on a track, nothing else around.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I follow our local State PD's information officers twitter feed.
He posted a few days ago that a 25 yr old female was arrested after being clocked at 123 mph, in a 50mph zone, in a Honda Accord. At 2am, no lights on, 4 times the legal booze limit. This was on a 60 year old four lane road, that is far from being an interstate, curb cuts all along it. And it is rough as a cob, way past due for a resurface job.

Another clocked at 139 mph on the same road two weeks prior.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Everyone that drives a Honda Accord is known to be a little neurotic. This female driver you speak of is a whole other level. :lmao:

I follow our local State PD's information officers twitter feed.
He posted a few days ago that a 25 yr old female was arrested after being clocked at 123 mph, in a 50mph zone, in a Honda Accord. At 2am, no lights on, 4 times the legal booze limit. This was on a 60 year old four lane road, that is far from being an interstate, curb cuts all along it. And it is rough as a cob, way past due for a resurface job.

Another clocked at 139 mph on the same road two weeks prior.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You "used to" :p I always see Accords and Civics racing each other on the highways potentially endangering the lives of other drivers. A lot of times when I drive by a collision scene, always seems to be an Honda Accord or Civic involved in a fender bender :eek: Not limited to Honda, I see a lot of BMW's involved as well :rofl:

I used to own and drive an Accord

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Here in the UK Prius drivers drive like they have a chip on their shoulders and Audi and Volvo drivers are just plain a-holes, notice I excluded BMW as that is what I currently drive

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I used to own and drive an Accord
My wife wanted an Accord with the 2.0 turbo. It is actually a fairly fast car with good gas mileage.
I'm surprised how well the turbo works and how smooth it kicks in.

When she gets a little froggy with it, I tell her I will race her with my Shelby Cobra.
Old school muscle wins every time, she still won't race me.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Circa 1970 I opened up my '69 Boss 302 on I-285 between College Park, Georgia and NAS Atlanta, next to Dobbins Air Force Base. It was 4 AM on a Sunday morning, no one in sight.

I had the 120 MPH -marked speedo buried straight down in 3rd gear, tach at over 8,000, felt like about 140 as compared to a similar ride by my friend in a '69 Roadrunner the next year.

I had the factory's electronic 6,150 RPM limiter disconnected and an aftermarket ACCEL distributor in place of the stock Autolite....that was the only non-stock part on it.

No telling what she'd do in 4th.....tag on front named her "Strange Brew" after the song in Cream's "Disraeli Gears" album.

Below are the only 2 photos, scans of paper prints made about '73 after I returned from active duty. Check out the mutton chops and bell bottoms on the dude in photo #2....remember now, this was 47 years ago! :cool:

My-Boss302_1.jpg

boss302_1_med.jpg