1am Car Door Checker

eddiequeue

n3wb
Reaction score

Unfortunately he didn't trigger my PIR for motion lights somehow, worked this morning when I walked across the same area to test it so that was disappointing. Also really need to move my camera position to the middle of the driveway, this image was pretty useless. 3MP Hikvision Dome.

Last edited:

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That guy probably hangs around the liquor store around the corner lol.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

eddiequeue

n3wb
Reaction score
Police followed up and let me know there was a home break and enter that happened shortly after this, I think I'll be staying up to tweak my night settings tonight, need to find a way to turn off that WDR at night through BI.

Zeddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Police followed up and let me know there was a home break and enter that happened shortly after this, I think I'll be staying up to tweak my night settings tonight, need to find a way to turn off that WDR at night through BI.
Somewhere on this forum there is instructions on how to use the program called "curl" to change settings on cameras via BI presets.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
you need more light. Either more IR or some big white light..... and consider two cameras. Its damn near impossible to adequately cover both sides of vehicles in a driveway with one camera...at least for me.

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow thought you were my neighbor for a minute, but he never backs in, otherwise, looks like same driveway, and vehicle.
I think most people would be amazed to see how often their vehicle doors get checked.
I *still* need to get some of my cameras mounted in the driveway, not that we park outside often, but would be interesting.

eddiequeue

n3wb
Reaction score
you need more light. Either more IR or some big white light..... and consider two cameras. Its damn near impossible to adequately cover both sides of vehicles in a driveway with one camera...at least for me.
Yes - the motion wasn't enough to trigger my PIR sensor that far down in the driveway, made some adjustments last night and now a vehicle close to the end of the driveway will trigger it, so I think I should be better. I think I will add another camera on the other edge of the driveway as well.

Go3Team

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've noticed that PIR sensors don't work well when the area is bathed in the IR light from cameras. I'm testing a microwave motion sensor at the motion, which seems to work pretty well.