1st Coyote Sighting

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm sure in parts of the country coyotes are super common. Here in central CT, not so much. We have lived in this house over 30 years and although we are in the woods this is my 1st sighting. Of course I've only had a camera in the woods for a few months, that may have some bearing :)

Coyote at night

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Congrats on your new sighting. Add that to your trophy list. That Coyote looks well feed and now he's marked his territory.
We often have coyotes wandering our area looking for tasty feline snackies, but most are scrawny in comparison.
Pics below taken with a regular camera through a bedroom window from a few years back of one that spent the night or took a nap in the backyard. This one is pretty healthy.
I like the coyotes visiting to help control the rabbit population.

P1020750.JPGP1020746.JPGP1020753.JPG

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Congrats on your new sighting. Add that to your trophy list. That Coyote looks well feed and now he's marked his territory.
We often have coyotes wandering our area looking for tasty feline snackies, but most are scrawny in comparison.
Pics below taken with a regular camera through a bedroom window from a few years back of one that spent the night or took a nap in the backyard. This one is pretty healthy.

View attachment 57987View attachment 57985View attachment 57986
We get the foxes denning about 40m from the house. I set up my dslr with a 400mm lens and caught what I could. Unfortunately almost all the images are at dusk, in low light. Very slow shutter speeds :( :

1585159834839.png

1585159905353.png

I just (almost) finished my new camera install just to watch their den area. Unfortunately I discovered I had a bad RJ45 connector on the camera end. I can't get a plug to snap into it and the connection is intermittent. I just ordered a screw to jack adapter and I'm going to cut off the crappy connector.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
You seem to attract a lot of critters stiffing around that area, you must have a lot of underground activity attracting them.

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great fox pics - very cool!
How many of those does it take to make a nice warm hat? ;)

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You seem to attract a lot of critters stiffing around that area, you must have a lot of underground activity attracting them.
There is a 'dry water course' that has eroded to a depth of about 10 feet. The foxes have a series of entrances to their den dug into the side of one bank. I get the fox to look towards the camera by tapping on the window from inside the house. Here is a shot with one kit. She had a litter of 4-5 (hard to tell).

1585172092137.png

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is a very healthy looking Coyote. I have seen them in our yard and at times can hear the howling down the hill. They don't look that solid. I am just getting my cameras set up and imagine I'll capture all kinds of critters once I'm finished.

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

View attachment 57987View attachment 57985View attachment 57986
Taken through the window as well, noticed him in the backyard while watching football one Sunday.

coyote 2011.jpg

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We get the foxes denning about 40m from the house. I set up my dslr with a 400mm lens and caught what I could. Unfortunately almost all the images are at dusk, in low light. Very slow shutter speeds :( :

View attachment 57988

View attachment 57989

I just (almost) finished my new camera install just to watch their den area. Unfortunately I discovered I had a bad RJ45 connector on the camera end. I can't get a plug to snap into it and the connection is intermittent. I just ordered a screw to jack adapter and I'm going to cut off the crappy connector.

Wow.... Foxes have blue eyes? I never knew that.