2.8 vs 3.6

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@bigredfish

nice views ! :) like it

had the discussion with a friend who prefer the "wide angle" view. i can understand him... he wants to have an "overall" view because he days away from home .. we tested it with the 5442 .. with less angle he needs more cameras and he dont want his house looks like high security prison. not sure why he wants to cover most of the ground... i think he just wants to know what happen rather than identify someone 15ft away... from every wall of the house to the property line its only 10-30ft .. so according to the dori table it should be ok, but not perfect... i would prefer a closer angle on the regions of interest with a few addon overall cameras.. ;)

another problem in many european countries .. even if you have a pictures of someone you are not allowed to hunt for him in public. police dont care and are also not allowed to publish pictures. if you publish the footage you can get in trouble with the law easily. you are not allowed to record public ground. there can also be many problems with neighboors if they think they are recorded.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@bigredfish

nice views ! :) like it

had the discussion with a friend who prefer the "wide angle" view. i can understand him... he wants to have an "overall" view because he days away from home .. we tested it with the 5442 .. with less angle he needs more cameras and he dont want his house looks like high security prison. not sure why he wants to cover most of the ground... i think he just wants to know what happen rather than identify someone 15ft away... from every wall of the house to the property line its only 10-30ft .. so according to the dori table it should be ok, but not perfect... i would prefer a closer angle on the regions of interest with a few addon overall cameras.. ;)

another problem in many european countries .. even if you have a pictures of someone you are not allowed to hunt for him in public. police dont care and are also not allowed to publish pictures. if you publish the footage you can get in trouble with the law easily. you are not allowed to record public ground. there can also be many problems with neighboors if they think they are recorded.
You all need to work on getting all the draconian laws repealed.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
wonder what would 2,8mm looks like at the same position...

if you compare to posted pictures from glenwood, ... hard to tell its 3,6mm for me

maybe that is the problem with sample pictures... any situation is complete different. no one knows the dimensions of the objects etc.
Previous 5231-ze zoomed all the way out so essentially around 2.8mm

IMG_8041.jpg

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
@IAmATeaf

yep first looks complete the same, think it was somewhere here discussed earlier ... 2mp 1/2,8" 2.8mm vs. 4mp 1/1,8" 3,6mm
The overall FOV for both is definitely narrower slightly, so the far wall is clipped as is the view of the pavement to the right.

For Drive2 it took me ages to adjust to get the best coverage and FOV. Not bothered yet to readjust Drive1 might do it over the weekend to try and get slightly better coverage.