2 camera PTZ solar system

HomieTheClown

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys and gal,

I am looking for a 2 camera system for another person. However this person is looking for components that I am not as familiar with which is which I needed/hoped for recommendations. I spoke to the guy from Empiretech (who is great btw if you've never talked to before). Unfortunately he didn't have PTZ cameras that operated on solar power. I was trying to steer my buyer towards a dahua/hikvsion camera through Empiretech but I don't think I can. Do they make any good PTZ cameras that operate soley off of solar power? Also any recommendation on a best bang for the buck NVR. The one that I was recommended (NVR8CH-AI) had pretty low reviews which made me nervous.

Just to be transparent, I'm looking for a 2 camera system (might have a camera or two added to later) that are PTZs with pretty good night vision and can be mounted on their own without a hardline connection. The buyer plans to have them operate wireless to the router and NVR. Im assuming the NVR's can operate directly to the camera or do they connect to the router which wireless connects to the camera?

So an NVR with 2 PTZ solar cameras. Preferrabley Dahua/HIkvision tech. Those kits that you can buy at Costco/Sams like Reolink and Lorex are not what I am looking for haha. Thanks all!

Reaction score
You can try to use something from a new Dahua wireless line:

and add some solar panel + battery to it...

But those are toys - all Dahua wireless line are rebranded cams from ImouLife.com
Most of the models don't even have web service (only configuration from DMSS), very under powered SOC (CPU), very small/bad image sensor...

Or try to use consumer brands which specialized in battery powered cams.. Reolink, Anke, tp-link, Eufy, Arlo...

All are toys.. very hard to choose something better...
But You will find many reviews and comparisons on Youtube about those cams...

HomieTheClown

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
But You will find many reviews and comparisons on Youtube about those cams...

True but that was the point asking here. I rather get the opionons of someone here in a trusted forum then some random stranger on YT.