IPCT 2 MP Starlight IR Fixed Turret Network Camera, 2.8mm, Powered by Night Eye

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite cameras added to our new camera line. In my humble opinion (and in others who I showed samples to), the day and nighttime quality is much better than the Dahua Starlights (I will post a review video soon). Anyway, check out our 2 MP Night Eye turret.
  • 2MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera w/ Night Eye (Dark Fighter) POE, 2.8mm lens
  • Max. 1920 × 1080 @ 25fps
  • On-board MicroSD storage, IP67 weatherproof, 50m IR range
  • H.265, H.264
Tech Specs
  • Image Sensor: 1/2.8” CMOS progressive scan CMOS
  • Signal System: PAL/NTSC
  • Min. Illumination: Color: 0.005 Lux @ (F1.2, AGC ON)
  • Shutter time: 1/3 s to 1/100,000 s
  • Slow shutter: Supported
  • Lens: 2.8 mm, horizontal FOV: 108°, vertical FOV: 58°, diagonal FOV: 128°
  • H.265, H.264
  • 120dB WDR
  • False alarm filter by target classification
  • Powered by Night Eye / Darkfighter
  • 12 VDC & PoE (802.3af, class 3)
  • IR range: Up to 50 m
  • Support on-board storage, up to 128 GB
  • IP67
  • BLC/3D DNR/ROI
Smart Feature-set
  • Behavior Analysis: Line crossing detection, intrusion detection, region entrance detectin, region exit detection, false alarm filter by target classification

IPCT-HDW5431RE-I.jpg IPCT-HDW5431RE-I_3.jpg IPCT-HDW5431RE-I_2.jpg

Check out this review from Amazon!
upload_2019-2-2_10-11-9.png

More information available by clicking here.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some screenshots of the video from this camera.

Night time (Yes that's a snowman under a palm tree...It's as close as we'll get to palm trees in NY)
upload_2019-1-27_12-28-39.png

Day shot
upload_2019-1-27_12-28-52.png

Now take a look at the difference between my 4 year old 2032 at night! Def compensating for the branch, but major difference.
upload_2019-1-27_12-29-3.png

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I just ordered one, @Mike ...
It'll be my new FlagCam / weather cam, replacing a 6 year old, 720p UBNT AirCam.
Awesome, thanks and congrats! Looking forward to your thoughts! Thanks again for the support.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite cameras added to our new camera line. In my humble opinion (and in others who I showed samples to), the day and nighttime quality is much better than the Dahua Starlight
Has anyone posted a video comparison or other review between this camera and say a Dahua 5231 to help corroborate this claim of better day and night quality?

What does "Powered by Night Eye / Darkfighter" refer to?

What manufacturer rebrand this camera?

Is it available in other than 2.8mm?

What is the warranty and if needed, would it require sending the camera back to China or a US location?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone posted a video comparison or other review between this camera and say a Dahua 5231 to help corroborate this claim of better day and night quality?

What does "Powered by Night Eye / Darkfighter" refer to?

What manufacturer rebrand this camera?

Is it available in other than 2.8mm?

What is the warranty and if needed, would it require sending the camera back to China or a US location?
No video comparison yet, but that's coming soon.

Night Eye is our version of the equivalent of Dahua's starlight tech. These are rebranded Hikvision cameras, they call this technology Dark Fighter. It's enhanced night vision.

Currently our turrets and domes are all 2.8 while our bullets are 4mm (besides our varifocal bullet).

We offer a 3 year warranty and you ship it to me in New York.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will these be available shipping to Canada Fulfillment by Amazon?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score

dbmet

n3wb
Reaction score
Received mine today and its a bit bigger than I thought it would be. Very nice Camera and easy to setup ..

This camera replaced a Dahua HDW5231r-z. I feel like the IPCam has a better build quality than the Dahua it replaced.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I received mine yesterday, very easy to set up, great image.

FWIW, I did have a heckuva time getting that top ring off, was going CCW as told to, had to depress plastic tang on ring from housing's bottom opening with flat tip screwdriver to disengage it ever so slightly to allow me to rotate the ring. Arthritis in left hand and slight "trigger finger" in 2 fingers of right hand makes it difficult to grip it, but that's not the cam's fault. It should keep someone from casually rotating the camera, which is a desirable feature.

I hope to get it mounted and looking at my flag this weekend. The weather should be more agreeable.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Received mine today and its a bit bigger than I thought it would be. Very nice Camera and easy to setup ..
I received mine yesterday, very easy to set up, great image.

FWIW, I did have a heckuva time getting that top ring off, was going CCW as told to, had to depress plastic tang on ring from housing's bottom opening with flat tip screwdriver to disengage it ever so slightly to allow me to rotate the ring. Arthritis in left hand and slight "trigger finger" in 2 fingers of right hand makes it difficult to grip it, but that's not the cam's fault. It should keep someone from casually rotating the camera, which is a desirable feature.

I hope to get it mounted and looking at my flag this weekend. The weather should be more agreeable.
Great! Looking forward to seeing what you think :)

dbmet

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgot to mention the Build Quality of this Camera is very nice. I replaced a Dahua HDW5321 that was in this location. I feel like the IPCam talk is much better than that one was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have the 4mp version yet? Wonder if the night vision similar quality.