IPCT 2 MP Starlight IR Fixed Turret Network Camera, 2.8mm, Powered by Night Eye

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Mike or anyone...

Do you know of a circular mounting base, metal or PVC, that fits this camera or do I have to get off my lazy rear and exercise my Google Fu?

It's 139 mm in diameter overall, the 3 holes are each located 120 degrees around the circle and are 110 mm apart, images below of supplied drill template and of camera base from bottom.

My scanner's on the blink so I had to snap these with my phone...Hey, no jokes about my pajamas...it's early and I'm retired. :winktongue:

IPCT-cam_drill_small.jpg

IPCT-cam_base_small.jpg

EDIT: 1009; I found this Hikvision CB135 that mount with the 4 screws in that 83.5mm x 46mm rectangle, not the 3 @ 120 degrees as in the template. I have no preference. And the CB135 is 137mm overall, my 139 is likely not accurate.

Unless someone comes along with a better (and cheaper) box, this could be it.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for this.
I'd say you're right; same specs as Hik's own CB135. Amazon gets almost $22 shipped, Nelly's just under $20 with shipping; I bought a new one from eBay just now for $17.06 with shipping, I'll find out if it fits (pretty sure it will as would the one from Nelly's), get it mounted, dialed in and post some comments and images as soon as I can.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Check out this review on Amazon. A HUGE thanks to the person who left it! Very excited for more people to try this out and see what we've been missing.

upload_2019-2-2_10-11-51.png

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I wish it had audio capability, even external connections rather than an internal mic. That's the only thing stopping me. Why doesn't Hik get on the right bandwagon?

opus too

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very nice camera. Ignore the bush which reflects all IR from every camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be interesting to see what it looks like with the ir turned off. I prefer using my 2231 that way. Better overall picture without the reflections.
John

dbmet

n3wb
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what it looks like with the ir turned off. I prefer using my 2231 that way. Better overall picture without the reflections.
John
Let me see if I can figure out how to turn off the IR when it gets darker later. No promises I can figure it out..Lol

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let me see if I can figure out how to turn off the IR when it gets darker later. No promises I can figure it out..Lol
Log into cam's webGUI, go to Configuration, Video, Image, Display Settings, Day/Night Switch: Change from "Auto" to "Day"

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Received mine today and its a bit bigger than I thought it would be. Very nice Camera and easy to setup ..

This camera replaced a Dahua HDW5231r-z. I feel like the IPCam has a better build quality than the Dahua it replaced.
While the build quality is important, I would rather hear about VIDEO quality and how it compares to Dahua HDW5231r-z
Preferably with screenshots/youtube links

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite cameras added to our new camera line. In my humble opinion (and in others who I showed samples to), the day and nighttime quality is much better than the Dahua Starlights (I will post a review video soon). Anyway, check out our 2 MP Night Eye turret.
  • 2MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera w/ Night Eye (Dark Fighter) POE, 2.8mm lens
  • Max. 1920 × 1080 @ 25fps
  • On-board MicroSD storage, IP67 weatherproof, 50m IR range
  • H.265, H.264
Mike--Could you comment on the low-light performance of this camera vs. the 4MP camera in your signature? Also, do you know the Hikvision model number for this camera? I don't see anything exactly like this on their US website.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike--Could you comment on the low-light performance of this camera vs. the 4MP camera in your signature? Also, do you know the Hikvision model number for this camera? I don't see anything exactly like this on their US website.
hi @socalsharky there will be a review of the 4MP version soon :)

I have attached the spec sheet or this camera. It is the DS-2CD2326G1-I

Attachments

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Where would I find a mount for this camera? Maybe something similar to the Dahua PFB203B?
I am waiting on an exact answer from my Hikvision rep. He's still on Chinese New Year right now but will be back Monday :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This wall mount should fit all EXIR fixed lens cameras unless they changed the hole pattern recently: H Series 1273ZJ-130-TRL Wall Mount - Nelly's Security

Same goes for the junction box: 1280ZJ-M Junction Box for H Series EXIR Dome Security Cameras - Nelly's Security
They must have changed the hole pattern: the 2MP, IPCT-HDW5231RE-I that I received last week has an overall diameter of 135 mm, with 3 mounting screws @ 120 degrees in a 126 mm radius. The round box you referenced (I can't read the wall mount) has 112mm radius for the 3 hole mount.

It does appear, however, that the 4 hole mount option will work (46mm X 83.5mm rectangle). I prefer the 3 hole mount so I don't have to dismount the cam from the base in order to mount, which is what you have to do if you want to use the 4 hole (3 holes on cam's exterior shell, the 4 hole is in the base, under the cam).

FWIW, regarding boxes that WILL fit, Mike stated in post #36 above that he's ".....waiting on an exact answer from my Hikvision rep. He's still on Chinese New Year right now but will be back Monday."

He just needs some time to work it out with his rep. I have total confidence that he will. :cool:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for that @ernesto1208

I am also waiting on a final word regarding the junction boxes, will let you know
Hey Mike....
Hope I'm not being a pain. I recall Chinese New Year got in the way but it's been 3 weeks now....any word yet on a box that will fit this triple-screw pattern with 126mm radius on the 135mm dia. base of this new IPCT-HWD5231RE-I that I received?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Mike....
Hope I'm not being a pain. I recall Chinese New Year got in the way but it's been 3 weeks now....any word yet on a box that will fit this triple-screw pattern with 126mm radius on the 135mm dia. base of this new IPCT-HWD5231RE-I that I received?
Not being a pain at all. He said he will have a definite answer for me by tomorrow. Your dimensions are correct, the spec sheet from Hik is wrong.

I am going to take the camera off my house this weekend and see if I can match it up with any junction boxes that I have, which actually is quiet a few.