IPCT 2 MP Starlight IR Fixed Turret Network Camera, 2.8mm, Powered by Night Eye

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any chance of getting 4mm turrets? Been searching for a while with no luck.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@TonyR Hikvision says DS-1281ZJ-M (angled box) is a definite, but I will check some more junction boxes this weekend.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TonyR Hikvision says DS-1281ZJ-M (angled box) is a definite, but I will check some more junction boxes this weekend.
The cam has 3 mounting screws @ 120 degrees in a 126 mm radius; the DS-1281ZJ-M has inner 3 at 90mm radius and the outer 3 at 112.4mm radius so I'd say not a "definite" unless someone wants to drill their own holes. :oops:

For the amount of money that's asked for these boxes you shouldn't have to drill those 3, IMO.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
The cam has 3 mounting screws @ 120 degrees in a 126 mm radius; the DS-1281ZJ-M has inner 3 at 90mm radius and the outer 3 at 112.4mm radius so I'd say not a "definite" unless someone wants to drill their own holes. :oops:

For the amount of money that's asked for these boxes you shouldn't have to drill those 3, IMO.
Which is why I am going to try the mounts myself, Hik seems to be having measurement issues! LOL

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@TonyR there have been crazy winds since Saturday here (60 mph gusts) so I haven't been able to get up on the ladder yet. As soon as these winds die down I'll take care of this!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@TonyR it's a sheet of ice on my yard so I don't want to get up on the ladder but I have a new one arriving tomorrow so it's the best of both worlds. I don't have to go up on the ladder yet and I have another new camera to play with...."For research and development purposes" as far as the wife is concerned ;)

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@TonyR I received the camera and as expected it does NOT fit the B1-XD-W or this other one, which I believe is the DS-1280ZJ-M but I'm not 100% sure. I am going to look around for more junction boxes and please let me know which ones you want me to buy to try. I have also escalated the issue with Hikvision and will continue to report back.

20190228_182249.jpg

Rksgrd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would be funny if the Dahua PFA130-E worked.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TonyR I received the camera and as expected it does NOT fit the B1-XD-W or this other one, which I believe is the DS-1280ZJ-M but I'm not 100% sure. I am going to look around for more junction boxes and please let me know which ones you want me to buy to try. I have also escalated the issue with Hikvision and will continue to report back.
Thanks for your perseverance on this Mike.

I'd love some good news of any kind. While I was away from home yesterday for an hour an unexpected thunderstorm popped up. A nearby strike about 800 feet away at the top of a wood power co. pole near the insulator for the 15KV primary took out my sun room ductless HVAC, the Vizio soundbar on the TV, a 32" Vizio smart TV in the spare bedroom, an 8 port switch, a Unifi access point and my BI server PC. Not sure about any cams, as I cant find them on the network with wife's PC until I get another switch. I could hobble something together to look for them one at a time but no point since the server is down anyway.....plus I'm too pissed off right now anyway...I think I could chew nails if necessary. I'm avoiding any contact with anybody right now that requires patience and understanding, as what little I have is saved for my wife...she's got pneumonia for God's sake. :facepalm:

The good news is that the wife sounds a bit better today, she had a good night last night. Also, the 65" Sony 4K/3D TV was not plugged into the UPS and it's HDMI cable was unplugged from satellite DVR...a habit I formed 2 years ago when an even closer event took that our first Sony 65" out.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your perseverance on this Mike.

I'd love some good news of any kind. While I was away from home yesterday for an hour an unexpected thunderstorm popped up. A nearby strike about 800 feet away at the top of a wood power co. pole near the insulator for the 15KV primary took out my sun room ductless HVAC, the Vizio soundbar on the TV, a 32" Vizio smart TV in the spare bedroom, an 8 port switch, a Unifi access point and my BI server PC. Not sure about any cams, as I cant find them on the network with wife's PC until I get another switch. I could hobble something together to look for them one at a time but no point since the server is down anyway.....plus I'm too pissed off right now anyway...I think I could chew nails if necessary. I'm avoiding any contact with anybody right now that requires patience and understanding, as what little I have is saved for my wife...she's got pneumonia for God's sake. :facepalm:

The good news is that the wife sounds a bit better today, she had a good night last night. Also, the 65" Sony 4K/3D TV was not plugged into the UPS and it's HDMI cable was unplugged from satellite DVR...a habit I formed 2 years ago when an even closer event took that our first Sony 65" out.
Holy crap dude, that's terrible news!! Real sorry to hear that. I have a really good feeling about this junction box I ordered so I'm hoping to give you good news soon! Good luck w/ everything that happened.