2 Problems with HDW2231 camera.

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi folks,
My camera is up and working well with Blue Iris. Still working out some bugs, but I've noticed two very annoying issues in the camera itself that i was hoping I could get some help with.

Problem 1) The camera keeps logging me out after I log in. After watching it for a while and adjusting controls here and there, it will stop responding and when I hit the refresh button, I have to log back in all the time.

Problem 2) When clicking on the PLAYBACK tab, my videos don't show up in the list until after I play with the controls for a while, and sometimes even not then. I have it set to record video only on motion detection. When clicking on playback, the menu on the left says DEV, and usually displays today's month and year. The calendar's numbers will all be black. After playing with it for a while and randomly clicking on the drop down boxes, I can eventually get the calendar's numbers to turn yellow and the video's will display in the list.

Seems buggy.. but thought maybe its me.. Suggestions?

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Dahua Wiki website is less than useless.. Can't even find my own camera listed there and the search function is a freaking joke.

What's the point of creating websites like that?

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What browser are you using? or are you talking directly in BI? Your post doesn't provide enough information for anyone to help.

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What browser are you using? or are you talking directly in BI? Your post doesn't provide enough information for anyone to help.
I'm connecting directly to the IP Camera via Firefox. The Dahua camera interface has a PLAYBACK tab that lists the clips stored on the internal MicroSD card.

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could just be a cabling/poe issue.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I couldn't get any videos recorded to SD card. Tried 2 different models of camera.
But i thought it was sd cards causing it as they were just old no name 256, 512 mb cards i had in the desk drawer. They are functional in the PC and Dahua also sees and formats them but no video recorded ever.

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you certain an SD card came with the camera as purchased?
That's not typically something they provide.
The SD Card did not come with the camera. This has nothing to do with the camera or the SD card.

I downloaded a Dahua Android app and it works perfectly to show clips coming directly from the camera's SD card. The clips are clear, smooth, and perfect.

It is a problem with Blue Iris.

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I couldn't get any videos recorded to SD card. Tried 2 different models of camera.
But i thought it was sd cards causing it as they were just old no name 256, 512 mb cards i had in the desk drawer. They are functional in the PC and Dahua also sees and formats them but no video recorded ever.
That sounds like a camera setting problem. Like you haven't enabled that function in the camera.