2 Profiles at the same time?

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello everyone; just wondering if it is possible to use 2 profiles at the same time? At sunset i have BI change over to my Night profiles where i get more alerts on motions. I also want to have a new profile that i can use on top of the night profile so that i can have different alert settings for and a shorter trigger time.

any help would be awesome!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone; just wondering if it is possible to use 2 profiles at the same time? At sunset i have BI change over to my Night profiles where i get more alerts on motions. I also want to have a new profile that i can use on top of the night profile so that i can have different alert settings for and a shorter trigger time.

any help would be awesome!
There is never a case where you need two at the same time. Simply create a third profile.

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you; so i currently have Active, Night and Custom as my profiles. I have Active set for the day time and night set for sunset. I want to use my new third profile (Custom) at the same time as my Night Profile because i want custom alerts with a less trigger end time than the night profile. When i go to the global schedule tab, i cannot draw a profile on top of night as then the night profile time goes away.

My night profile has a end trigger time 180sec with recording based on motion. For my custom profile i just want a end trigger time of 120sec as this will just be used in the alerts tab, i still want the cam to record based on the night profile.

Hope this makes sense!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you; so i currently have Active, Night and Custom as my profiles. I have Active set for the day time and night set for sunset. I want to use my new third profile (Custom) at the same time as my Night Profile because i want custom alerts with a less trigger end time than the night profile. When i go to the global schedule tab, i cannot draw a profile on top of night as then the night profile time goes away.

My night profile has a end trigger time 180sec with recording based on motion. For my custom profile i just want a end trigger time of 120sec as this will just be used in the alerts tab, i still want the cam to record based on the night profile.

Hope this makes sense!
There is no separate alerts recording. An alert is simply a pointer to the clip.

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So my custom alert profile will be used to publish a MQTT command to turn on a light when the motion is triggered after sunset (same time as my night profile). i want to set different alert settings but i cant choose the custom profile as i cannot set to profile in the global schedule as it is the same time as my night profile. Is it possible to have 2 profile active at the same time?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So my custom alert profile will be used to publish a MQTT command to turn on a light when the motion is triggered after sunset (same time as my night profile). i want to set different alert settings but i cant choose the custom profile as i cannot set to profile in the global schedule as it is the same time as my night profile. Is it possible to have 2 profile active at the same time?
No you cannot have two global profiles on at the same time as there is never a need to. What you are trying to do is have two distinct motion detection profiles one to record the camera and one to trigger a light. You will need to setup a duplicate camera - this is called a clone -, disable recording and use it to trigger the light. You can hide the camera from the display so it does not appear twice. This does not use much resources as on one stream is pulled from the camera and only one is analysed by blue iris.