2 time stamps

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys - when viewing live video with web console or my mobile app, there is only 1 time stamp on the top but recordings/alerts show 1 at the top and 1 at the bottom and they aren't in sync. I'd prefer to just have a single time stamp. How do I accomplish this and can somebody explain the source of the 2 time stamps? I think I know the source but not 100% certain

Thanks

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I see it - in each camera's settings in video/overlays, I can click on the bottom date/time object and hit Delete. I guess I'll hopefully be protected legally with just the camera timestamp

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think I see it - in each camera's settings in video/overlays, I can click on the bottom date/time object and hit Delete. I guess I'll hopefully be protected legally with just the camera timestamp
Insure the camera's time/date overlays are set to be updated via NTP or even better (if cams can't access Internet but your BI server can) ==>> Setting up NetTime Time Sync Tool on Windows 10
Set cams to update no more often than 60 minutes.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You may have it right, but just to be sure:
  • In BI, disable the overlays per camera as mentioned above by @Ssayer
  • In the cam's webGUI, not BI's settings, have the overlay enabled and have it update via a NTP server.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Done and NTP is my firewall itself which is accurate so far. Btw just curious - does footage like these personal systems pass the muster for legal enforcement too?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Done and NTP is my firewall itself which is accurate so far. Btw just curious - does footage like these personal systems pass the muster for legal enforcement too?
I'll answer with the infamous disclaimer "I'm no lawyer, but..." my take is that they are as valuable, more dependable and as admissible as a human eye witness but with no bias or agenda. IMO, that makes a good video of an event BETTER than any human eye witness you could ever have.