20180523 Firmware for DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

Here we go for the latest new firmware (with Dahua logo or no logo )for the IPC-HxW5XXX, this suits for most cams we posted here, before updating, please check carefully if your camera support or not.

DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Internal_PN_Stream3_V2.640.0000002.0.R.180523.bin

IPC-HDW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HFW5231E-Z/Z5/Z12/ZE/Z5E/Z12E
IPC-HDBW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z/ZE
IPC-HDW4231EM-AS/ASE, IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, IPC-HDBW4231E-AS/ASE , IPC-HFW4231S,IPC-HFW4231E-S/SE.

And all models with DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea also can use this one, new firmware can select PAL/NTSC. So future all cams will no PAL or NTSC, this is good for some guys, because they always think PAL can't work at US or NTSC can't use at PAl regions.

Attention:
I put logo one and no logo one firmware on the link. because some project clients they no need logo ones.

RELEASE NOTE:
1 increase system service interface;
2 SSH: enable/disable, default off;
3 Multicast/Broadcast Search: Enabled/Disabled and enabled by default.
4 Password reset: enable/disable, default is on;
5 CGI service: enable/disable, default on;
6 Onvif service: enable/disable, open by default;
7 Genetec Services: Enabled/Disabled, Default On;
8 mobile phone push: enable/disable, open by default;
9 audio and video transmission encryption: enable/disable;
10 Implementing SFTP Function
11 SMTP uses TLS by default;
12 HTTP forced to jump to HTTPS when HTTPS is turned on
13 Tips for page optimization, including page password reset interface, SNMP, automatic file deletion, DDNS, storage-FTP, online upgrade, Le Orange Access P2P accesss
14.Multilanguages

Any query, just contact me.
Andy

Attachments

Last edited:

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just installed it on my IPC-HDW5231R-ZE.
Both Chrome and PaleMoon are having trouble displaying the live image (again; I get this problem every time when upgrading firmware).
Both give me this:
The browser does not support plugins. Images cannot be display properly. Please user lower version browser such as IE, Chrome under 42 and Firefox under 52.
This new firmware does give me the 4th option under Profile Management that says 'Day/Night'.
I have selected that (instead of schedule); sunset is in about 5 minutes so we'll see if that works.

EDIT: day/night switching works, but it's very sensitive so it keeps switching between them at the moment.

Playback menu has much more options to select; all the difference IVS methods as well as 'Input Abnormal', 'Defocus detection'.

But I've got more problems; I can't find any of the recorded files in the Playback Menu. There's also only the option for 'dav' download format instead of dav and mp4.

So far; not much of a succes here...

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Both Chrome and PaleMoon are having trouble displaying the live image (again; I get this problem every time when upgrading firmware).
Both give me this:

This new firmware does give me the 4th option under Profile Management that says 'Day/Night'.
I have selected that (instead of schedule); sunset is in about 5 minutes so we'll see if that works.

EDIT: day/night switching works, but it's very sensitive so it keeps switching between them at the moment.

Playback menu has much more options to select; all the difference IVS methods as well as 'Input Abnormal', 'Defocus detection'.

But I've got more problems; I can't find any of the recorded files in the Playback Menu. There's also only the option for 'dav' download format instead of dav and mp4.

Empty your browser cache and try again to see if it fixes it.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I dont know if its the same on cameras (I did not know any had firmware with the MP4 capability yet) but on the NVR 5216 with the new firmware the only place in the web UI I can choose MP4 is if I download from the "download by file" screen after you select a file then click Down to Local. On the window that pops up it has a drop down to pick the file format to save it as. If I click the download button on the playback screen it just starts downloading and that is in the old dav format.

mp4dl.jpg

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The upgrade went very well on my 2 IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 cameras pulling LPR duty. The day to night switch worked as you would expect, switching from day profile to night as soon as the IR lights kicked on. However, the zoom still gets messed up as turning on the IR lights (and turning them off) will cause the camera to autofocus. This is not an issue going from night -> day because there will be enough light to allow the camera to focus. But, going from day -> night does not allow the camera to focus as the field of view is black. Still need a script/program to automatically poll the camera, determining what profile is active, and force the zoom to a known, good value.

Overall better, but still not quite 100% there.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey thanks Andy. I just updated the following cameras and it appears all firmware flashing went well...
  • IPC-HDBW4231F-AS
  • PC-HDW5231R-Z
  • HDW4231EMP-ASE
  • IPC-HDW4231EM-AS

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Both give me this:

later dahua will release a newer FW without plugin, I think can get 1-2 months later.

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys

Here we go for the latest new firmware (with Dahua logo or no logo )for the IPC-HxW5XXX, this suits for most cams we posted here, before updating, please check carefully if your camera support or not.

DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Internal_PN_Stream3_V2.640.0000002.0.R.180523.bin

IPC-HDW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HFW5231E-Z/Z5/Z12/ZE/Z5E/Z12E
IPC-HDBW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z/ZE
IPC-HDXX42XX-XX also use this firmware, such as IPC-HDW4231EM-AS/ASE, IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, IPC-HDBW4231E-AS/ASE , IPC-HFW4231S,IPC-HFW4231E-S/SE.

And all models with DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea also can use this one, new firmware can select PAL/NTSC. So future all cams will no PAL or NTSC, this is good for some guys, because they always think PAL can't work at US or NTSC can't use at PAl regions.

Attention:
I put logo one and no logo one firmware on the link. because some project clients they no need logo ones.

RELEASE NOTE:
1 increase system service interface;
2 SSH: enable/disable, default off;
3 Multicast/Broadcast Search: Enabled/Disabled and enabled by default.
4 Password reset: enable/disable, default is on;
5 CGI service: enable/disable, default on;
6 Onvif service: enable/disable, open by default;
7 Genetec Services: Enabled/Disabled, Default On;
8 mobile phone push: enable/disable, open by default;
9 audio and video transmission encryption: enable/disable;
10 Implementing SFTP Function
11 SMTP uses TLS by default;
12 HTTP forced to jump to HTTPS when HTTPS is turned on
13 Tips for page optimization, including page password reset interface, SNMP, automatic file deletion, DDNS, storage-FTP, online upgrade, Le Orange Access P2P accesss
14.Multilanguages

Any query, just contact me.
Andy
@EMPIRETECANDY
This firmware is not applicable to Dahua DH-IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M-M12. I gave it a couple tries and they both returned error "File unmatch".

upload_2018-6-26_19-53-21.png

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY, it appears the new plugin breaks the ability to access the camera from the NVR setup web page. When you clicked on the "e" icon before, it would route you to the NVR ip with a port number, now it just links to the camera IP set by the NVR.
before: 192.168.1.199:10800
now: 10.1.1.65

As it is not on the same subnet, it won't work.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Empty your browser cache and try again to see if it fixes it.
The problem was the Pale Moon browser. Since it was telling me this:
The browser does not support plugins. Images cannot be display properly. Please user lower version browser such as IE, Chrome under 42 and Firefox under 52.
I removed it from my PC and installed an older version of the browser,
(I randomly picked version 27.0.0 instead of the current 27.9.3) and all the problems I had are gone.
Live view is back and playback is working fine again and I can choose MP4 again.
Guess I'll have to ignore the update messages.

Now wait another 8 1/2 hours or so to see how the day/night switching goes.
Last night it was switching back and forth between day and night every few seconds.
Yesterday I had set under Conditions -> Day & Night -> Mode to 'auto', Sensitivity to 'low' and Delay to '10s'.
Now I can't change those settings for some reason but we'll see how that goes.

later dahua will release a newer FW without plugin, I think can get 1-2 months later.
That would be very welcome. I don't like those plugins and everytime I do a firmware upgrade it causes problems.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The problem was the Pale Moon browser. Since it was telling me this:

I removed it from my PC and installed an older version of the browser,
(I randomly picked version 27.0.0 instead of the current 27.9.3) and all the problems I had are gone.
Live view is back and playback is working fine again and I can choose MP4 again.
Guess I'll have to ignore the update messages.

Now wait another 8 1/2 hours or so to see how the day/night switching goes.
Last night it was switching back and forth between day and night every few seconds.
Yesterday I had set under Conditions -> Day & Night -> Mode to 'auto', Sensitivity to 'low' and Delay to '10s'.
Now I can't change those settings for some reason but we'll see how that goes.

That would be very welcome. I don't like those plugins and everytime I do a firmware upgrade it causes problems.
Me too, i hate the plugins, lol.

Burton_Flooring

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you're having issues w/ it switching back and forth at the dusk/twilight moment, try changing the day/night sensitivity to low in both Profiles BEFORE you select "Day/Night" in Profile Management settings (as once this is selected the day/night sensitivity options are grayed out in the profile settings).

I'm not sure if that actually makes a difference, let me know.

MnM

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

Any new firmware that you have for SD49225T-HN cameras?
Looking for the day/night switch fix.

Thanks

Last edited: