2021 Full Color 2.0 Has a Fantastic New Dual Lens Camera

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Very similar to popular 4K model @Wildcat_1 reviewed

Btw, that zoom at 1:32 is utter bullshit :rofl: No way that's the half way point between 2.7mm and 12mm focal length :lmao:

Dahua videos are more bullshit than any reolink/arlo claim. I have no idea why they make these because their products are good...

Whats next ?
You will see the scene before it happens ? minority report style ?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
True, not many consumers know about Dahua products, I think these videos are targeted to them but they should not be made in the first place as it may be flagged as deceiving / false advertising, which can ultimately make consumers loose faith

These Color 2.0 cameras are not to be confused with the TiOC cameras :)

Dahua videos are more bullshit than any reolink/arlo claim. I have no idea why they make these because their products are good...

Whats next ?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua is a legit company,

we bought 5 of these "multi interactive touchscreens" .. not from dahua.. but also same claims.

they do not work, have many problems, costs thousands... they are chilling in corner and we use surface tablets with pencil now which are connected to really bright consumer 4k 65" monitors... better than projector and work 100%.

the 2 surfave hubs we also bought works fine, but not as good as tab. but sometimes you need to write direct on screen.. but the old devices never worked. always problems

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What's funny is that I only buy new models if there is a thorough review posted here on the forum, also I let early buyers (not by the known members here) be the guinea pigs before jumping on the bandwagon ;)

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Good, more money saved in the pocket then, Interest rates are forecasted to go up next year

Just heard of another Price Increase from Dahua from 1st October here in UK.
Regarding hardware, due to the chip shortage and security vulnerability on older hardware, Dahua replaced one of the chips in their new models with something cheaper and likely homemade. The older chips were actually better; the latest firmware was able to patch up existing security vulnerabilities

yes hikvision changes hardware to keep prices down G3->G5
dahua use still old hardware and increase price. andy said something about 30% as i remember
Speaking of QC, my 2mp cameras feel more robust in terms of build quality, included hardware, and reliability. I prefer the front metal face versus the plastic / glass-like face we are getting now in the newer models. :(

This pandemic teaches us to be more conservative in terms of jumping the bandwagon. There is no one size fits all and when it comes to imported cameras, always best to buy those models which contain no moving parts inside. ;)

camerafool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They missed an opportunity. With a different housing form factor the cameras could be a couple inches apart for stereoscopic vision. Just think of the VR headaches possible with sharp grayscale in one eye and ghosty color in the other!

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score

Already do that with memory buffering. Footage is written to memory and then saved to disk if a detection event occurs, allowing for footage that occured before the motion event to be recorded. The amount though is usally limited to a few tens of seconds.