202107 Latest New Version DH_IPC-HX8XXX-Nova_Eng_P/N_Stream3--IPC-HFW8232E-Z/ZE

TIGOS1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, this firmware is compatible with my chineese camera?
(non international)

DH-IPC-HFW81230E-Z-IRA

for now is: 2.640.0000006.0.R, Build Date: 2019-06-27

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, this firmware is compatible with my chineese camera?
(non international)

DH-IPC-HFW81230E-Z-IRA

for now is: 2.640.0000006.0.R, Build Date: 2019-06-27
It's for original English models only. Any trying will kill your cam.

TIGOS1

n3wb
Reaction score
It never can be updated with an English firmware on these chinese firmware products. You were trying to save some money, but waste of money
The only way is to use Blue Iris to manage your cams.
My knowledge of the web interface of the camera and the Chinese language (using google translate) is enough to configure these cameras from IE.

But it's sad to see that so many functions don't work.

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, I've never had any joy with smart codec either. Don't even know what it is supposed to do, does anybody?
smart codec goes by a lot of different names depending on the camera maker.

in a nut shell it is designed to save bandwidth and storage space but reducing the amount of the image that needs to be sent with each frame.

please note that on most Dahua cams that I am aware of, enabling the smart codec will prevent you from using any of the ivs functions.

note to others on this thread. do you feel like you will continue to buy the ultra line seeing how much less attention it sees for FW updates compares to the other lines ?

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a newer firmware for this model? If so, can we please get a link to it?
Thank you

I too would love to see a firmware update for this camera that doesn't want flash.... kind of makes me regret getting the ulta in this case since it seems unloved by dahua.
still seeing bugs with the 2.640.0000006.0.R, Build Date: 2019-06-27 firmware as well with the SD storage getting lost when full and not overwriting when full. @EMPIRETECANDY should we give up at this point ?

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Andy can you point me to the lastest firmware you recommend flashing please? i manage to install mine (two years spend in storage) and but i lose signal every 4 hours for a minute or so, maybe it get fixed with a firmware update.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All

The latest new firmware has been released, please try to make the updating asap.
For security baseline update mainly.

Andy

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is the file on the first page? I just updated to that but seems its a 2019 firmware, can you confirm this is the new firmware?

fver.JPG

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
1626878427648.png
I still put the old fw on it, if you don't like the old one can go back to download again.
Download on this docs