2022 EmpireTech Chirstmas Sales

Reaction score
Hi Andy,

I picked up the cameras this morning and to my horror I saw turret style cameras. I should have ordered Bullet !
I am just sick I made suck a stupid mistake!.

Really hoping I can exchange these for bullets ... I can get these out the door asap back to you. Just need an address to ship to.

Again, I am very very sorry for this Andy.

Rob

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

I picked up the cameras this morning and to my horror I saw turret style cameras. I should have ordered Bullet !
I am just sick I made suck a stupid mistake!.

Really hoping I can exchange these for bullets ... I can get these out the door asap back to you. Just need an address to ship to.

Again, I am very very sorry for this Andy.

Rob
Which models did you buy and why wouldn't the turret work?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
As a former bullet snob I'd say unless you have a special need for a bullet, at least think if the turret would work. What sold me was the less in-your-face form factor and built in microphone. If you need bullets I understand. 2 of my 15 camera setups wouldn't work well with turrets.

Reaction score
Which models did you buy and why wouldn't the turret work?
Guys I am so sorry, not sure how the heck I posted here and not via a private message to Andy.

@wittaj

I can think of a few reasons to keep these but I haven't been able to convince my neighbor whom I purchased them for.

The only logical reason I think he wants the bullets over the turret is because he has seen the picture from a refurb bullet I purchased from Andy.
I would love nothing more then not to bug Andy and hassle to ship these back.. etc

1670373994634.png

Again my apologies for posting here... Should listen to my wife more often and be wearing my glasses :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have both the turret and the bullet. Image is basically the same. The bullet offers a speaker and that would be the only reason I would go with the bullet over the turret.

Reaction score
I have both the turret and the bullet. Image is basically the same. The bullet offers a speaker and that would be the only reason I would go with the bullet over the turret.
I kind of figured that would be the case on the picture. I appreciate you confirming that for me.

Reaction score
As a former bullet snob I'd say unless you have a special need for a bullet, at least think if the turret would work. What sold me was the less in-your-face form factor and built in microphone. If you need bullets I understand. 2 of my 15 camera setups wouldn't work well with turrets.
I totally agree with you tigerwillow, was a bullet snob myself but am now way more partial to the turrets.
I find the turrets easier to position and less in your face.
Appreciate your thoughts!

Reaction score
No problem, will help you out to get the right cams, just return them.
For anyone still reading this thread, this is just another reason to seek Andy out for your camera purchases.

Who else would be so accommodating like this. "no problem", what an awesome guy!!
This was my own stupidity, and Andy rises up like a champ.
Thanks Andy and thank you for the contest, my endless questions and all my super cool cameras!

Was -40C here today and all my cameras from you worked like a champ.
The SD49425XB-HR PTZ really surprised me. Didn't miss a beat auto-tracking in this deep freeze !

Schnoidz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Grand Prize, Special Prize, 1st prize, 2nd prize, 3rd prize most cams all shipped, still wait some guy's reply about the lens, if not reply me today, will ship out by random.
4th Prize will process tomorrow.
5th Prize ship from China, all shipped. US have to wait some days, the camera stock use up, new stocks will be back around 1 week, sure will be delivered before Christmas.
My 2nd place prize camera arrived today! I had no idea it had been shipped yet. Thanks so much Andy!!!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
For anyone still reading this thread, this is just another reason to seek Andy out for your camera purchases.

Who else would be so accommodating like this. "no problem", what an awesome guy!!
This was my own stupidity, and Andy rises up like a champ.
Thanks Andy and thank you for the contest, my endless questions and all my super cool cameras!

Was -40C here today and all my cameras from you worked like a champ.
The SD49425XB-HR PTZ really surprised me. Didn't miss a beat auto-tracking in this deep freeze !
aha, camera IPC-B5442E-Z4E at Alaska, works perfect at cold winter.
1670395929863.jpeg

IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E

1670404997263.jpeg

And little turret IPC-T5442T-ZE

1670405043450.jpeg

IPC-Color4K-X 6MM

1670406332275.jpeg

Last edited:

MR2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dome's tend to struggle when there are light sources aiming at them

if they could make the mini-ptz without the dome side of things it'd be perfect, something you could recess into the soffit for those that don't want a huge beehive off the side of their house