2022 New Product Plan and Chinese New Year Plan

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I find that with the new firmware I can set the tracking size much higher than my other PTZ 49225 as it just zooms out instead of in more if the target subject becomes to big for the FOV.

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm interested in details regarding the SD8C845QA-HNF primarily which shows a 1st QTR release. The SD4A425DB-HNR is also of interest for later in the year which is shown with a June release date.

amdpowered

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From my conversation with Andy, it seems like SD8C845QA-HNF and SD8C440FD-HNF will be released in the Aug / Sept time frame now.

I'm concerned that SD8C440FD-HNF may not be POE capable because it is "dual-sensor". Here might be an equivalent Hikvision model (1/1.8", dual-sensor) that is available now, and it doesn't support POE because max power is 90 watts!

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From my conversation with Andy, it seems like SD8C845QA-HNF and SD8C440FD-HNF will be released in the Aug / Sept time frame now.

I'm concerned that SD8C440FD-HNF may not be POE capable because it is "dual-sensor". Here might be an equivalent Hikvision model (1/1.8", dual-sensor) that is available now, and it doesn't support POE because max power is 90 watts!
i wonder if it is 802.3BT compliant? i think that would be the only POE standard that can provide that wattage.

amdpowered

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i wonder if it is 802.3BT compliant? i think that would be the only POE standard that can provide that wattage.
Based on what I'm reading, that would be out of spec. 802.3bt will allow up to 100w at the Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE), but the standard only says 71w at the Powered Device (PD) end.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Based on what I'm reading, that would be out of spec. 802.3bt will allow up to 100w at the Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE), but the standard only says 71w at the Powered Device (PD) end.
Thanks. I did not know it was 71 at receiving device.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
They won't do that as it's not profitable for them, they need to get rid/sell of old tech first like the 1/2.8" & 1/1.8" sensors even though they state NEW CAMERA is still all old tech with mostly additional gimmicks. When they do release a 1/1.2 4k PTZ it will be out of most peoples reach apart from Parley :)

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those super PTZ use Hi-POE, when the specification coming out i will show here. Will push them to put this 4K 1/1.2 Out soon.
Thanks! I have been watching for them to hit the market. As long as inflation hasn't pushed them out of my budget, I will be an early adopter.