2024 EmpireTech Active Deterrence PTZ Camera Release

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys

This series PTZ officially released after we work out with the stable firmware, and now can be offically released. The new PTZs support Deterrence with Blue and Red light, DIY Warning Sound. It also have very nice autotracking like the new series we released. This can be a great camera for the Business and home users.

This video has been released.

Model:

4MP PTZ4M-25X-PV
4K PTZ4K-25X-PV

It will have 4mp and 4K, we will have some review soon later this month. Sure will invite guys here to do some reviews.

1709798961038.png

Compare with the IPC-T54IR-ZE S3

1709799186558.png

Main Functions

25x optical zoom.
Starlight technology.
Max. 25/30fps@4M.
IR distance up to 100 m.
Auto-tracking 3.0.
Perimeter protection.
Face detection.
Full-color illuminator; red and blue warning light. Normal Red IR.

Attachments

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing these in action.

I know white light doesn't work in many situations, but for those that are ok with it, it will add an additional element to the video capture.

And the built in mic and speaker are certainly additional benefits that many have come here over the years asking for. As we have seen, audio can be a much better deterrent than lighting.

It appears to me like this is the replacement for the popular 49425 series, but with enough additional bonuses that they felt the need to make it a different model number than what they did with the 5442 series.

Reaction score
Any chance of adding any of the X-spans style PTZ cameras to your lineup? I would like a nice fixed with PTZ capability.
Wow, those are nice. But are not going to be cheap. You can do the same function, basically, by using a 180 camera as a 'spotter' to tell the other camera, a PTZ, where to go. This will be a lot cheaper and not have the high POE++ power requirement the x-spans require.

aerobahn

n3wb
Reaction score
When will Dahua fix the firmware so tracking lingers at the last location that the object was at (for a brief period/customizable duration) after it can't track the object anymore? You can see it happen at the 1:06 minute mark in the video you uploaded.

That is the main downside to my camera and the reason why I choose other brands.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
hmm, you can show me other brand's tracking after the object blocked and still can track well..The old models autotracking is not working the best, but new one have some good improvement,
If stay too much time with still things, how about the blind area?

Last edited:

aerobahn

n3wb
Reaction score
hmm, you can show me other brand's tracking after the object blocked and still can track well..The old models autotracking is not working the best, but new one have some good improvement,
If stay too much time with still things, how about the blind area?
Doesn't have to track after the object is blocked, it just has to LINGER at the last known spot for X duration (customizable time, at most 60sec) before reseting back to the preset position.
No reason why this can't be done with the current devices. Hikvision and Reolink PTZs do this perfectly.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
A dwell time would be handy, I’ve mentioned this before many times. That said I understand it’s far more complicated than first blush. The camera has no set IVS rules or other trigger to know to pick up movement once it loses track of the initial object. It’s now in a position with no trigger and no alarm rules…

CrusaderNZ

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow, those are nice. But are not going to be cheap. You can do the same function, basically, by using a 180 camera as a 'spotter' to tell the other camera, a PTZ, where to go. This will be a lot cheaper and not have the high POE++ power requirement the x-spans require.
I saw the lower-end SDT4E425-4F-GB-A-PV1 selling for a similar price to the 2 models listed here. So, it looks like it could be a good alternative to them, if Andy got it in.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Starlight tech? So it's not a night full color camera then?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Starlight tech? So it's not a night full color camera then?
Keep in mind Starlight is simply a marketing term. It can be used for a camera that uses infrared or a full color camera.

This camera has white light in addition to infrared light, so if you force it in to color and use the white light or have enough ambient light, then it is a night full color camera.