2132F-IS refuses to be discovered if connected to POE, connecting to 12V power works

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey folks, having a bit of an issue with one of the 4 2132F-IS units I purchased.

3 of the 4 cameras worked fine with the mtd hack for my 7616NI-E4 NVR. The last one, when it's plugged into the POE port, the NVR does not see the Camera. If I connect my router to one of the POE ports and check using SADP, it also does not see that camera. However, if I use a separate 12V power supply and plug it to my router, it sees it fine. I tried restoring everything on that IP Camera and still has the same issue. Has anyone had this issue before?

They're all from China and came with the 5.2.8 CN firmware. The mtd trick worked for the first 3. The last one seems to be failing not because of the mtd trick (I restored the original mtd and still has the same issue)

Thanks!

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: 2132F-IS refuses to be discovered if connected to POE, connecting to 12V power wo

Have you tried adding the camera manually? Does the poe port light up? Does the red and green led light up in the camera?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Re: 2132F-IS refuses to be discovered if connected to POE, connecting to 12V power wo

I have. Whatever IP address the NVR assigned previously seems to no longer be reachable...

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

So does the camera actually power up over POE?

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Yeah it does, I see the green LED inside the camera, and the red IR lights come on... it acts no differently from when I plug it in with a 12V DC adapter...

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Can the stream be accessed when plugged into router? It might see it on sdap, but may not be fully functioning.

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Yeah, when connected using a 12VDC and no POE I can see the stream and it shows up in SADP. When connected to POE of the NVR even with a POE port bridged to my home network it doesn't show up. However in the latter case the NVR reports POE being used and I do see it turned on.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Don't bridge the PoE ports. Plug you laptop directly into a spare PoE port and set it's IP address to 192.168.254.200 and subnet to 192.168.254.1

This will help you work out what's going on. Open up SADP, find IP address, then login to camera. If that works then PoE is fine.

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Thanks, let me try that tonight.

The one thing I noticed is the SADP tool isn't restricted to subnets - like, if I have IPs of 10.X.X.X, SADP tool will still pick up 192.0.0.64 cameras..

I tried connecting the camera to the POE NVR using a 3 foot long Ethernet cable and it's working fine. Connecting everything the same way to the longer run = no dice. Same POE port, even tried the IP manually and no response. I double checked the longer ethernet cable and the cable tester likes it. Ironically it's the shortest run out of all the cameras...

Last edited by a moderator:

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

That's the beauty of SADP otherwise it'd be fairly pointless. If it's on the same subnet there wouldn't be an issue in seeing it in the first place. Unless you don't know the IP address.

The longer cable is that a premade cable or a DIY crimped cable?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

That happened to me. One of the ends were loose. When I ran the cable tester, I would move the cable left right up down to make sure the pins were intact. One of the pins would go off and on and that's what it was

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Thanks everyone for all the help!! Turns out I accidentally crossed 2 of the wires when I crimped... Fixed the issue! So happy! Now to figure out the 5.2.8 firmware rebooting issue and try 5.2.5...