2332 turret cam bad night picture.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've tried everything, but night view is very grainy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried everything, but night view is very grainy.
Is wdr off or under 10? Is noise reduction all the way up? If so, Im guessing that area as no other light and is pitch black...you will need more ir or regular light...this type of situation is better suited for a 1.3mp camera or a camera with much stronger IR.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you change exposure time? I run my 2032's @ 1/12 and still get my desired setting of 15fps.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After thinking about it. I had a weak POE injector and had the same problem. I took a spare 12 volt 3 amp power adapter and used it to power the cam (instead of the POE injector) and HEE-HAW I had awesome IR!
Remember "Not" to use both for powering the cam!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would change exposure time first, before going through all the trouble of testing the POE!

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Checked and adjusted all settings. Nighttime picture got better, but nowhere as clear as my 1.3 or 2mp. I think for my next job, I'm going to recommend no higher than 2mp cams for a better balance if they are going to use exterior lighting.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is wdr off or under 10? Is noise reduction all the way up? If so, Im guessing that area as no other light and is pitch black...you will need more ir or regular light...this type of situation is better suited for a 1.3mp camera or a camera with much stronger IR.
Customer didn't want bullet cams, they wanted turret.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Customer didn't want bullet cams, they wanted turret.
I believe LTS has a 2mp version of the turret...i dont know if the lux specs are closer to the 0.028 of the 1.3mp or 0.19 of the 3mp @milkisbad

Does the customer have lights that can be used and they are just not turning them on?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I believe LTS has a 2mp version of the turret...i dont know if the lux specs are closer to the 0.028 of the 1.3mp or 0.19 of the 3mp @milkisbad

Does the customer have lights that can be used and they are just not turning them on?
That is correct. Now they want to add a side flood light to aid camera

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Even a small amount of extra light is very helpful...pop an led bulb in there and you are set for life..

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, there's no lighting on that side of the house.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@milkisbad, the street light adds a lot... in areas where its pitch black and there is very little reflective surface for the ir to bounce off, its going to be grainy...there is nothing that can be done other than using a camera with a lower lux rating..do you know the lux rating on the 2mp turret?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
New cam, same thing. They're gonna have to add lighting. That side of house is pitch black.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think there are some confusing numbers that have put into print, there is 'quite' a visible difference between the xx32 and xx12 light response.

Not so much as being a fantastic difference ... more like, 'thats better', lol (added to the fact that the lower Mp is cheaper, then its a win win)