2342 - New 5.4.1 firmware

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was just setting up my new 2342 and noticed that it came preloaded with 5.4.1 code.
I don't even see this version on any of the firmware download sites....only 5.4.0 still.

Anyone know anything about it?

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sort of new to all this, but based on the fact that it came in a red/white box, has WR in the serial, and does NOT have a UL stamp (has CE), I'm assuming that this means it's an International region camera.

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
I've only rarely seen cameras out of the box with software releases matching downloadable releases. They seem to load them with whatever they have that compiles at the time with whatever version number that happens to relate to. For example I have some Darkfighters that came with 5.3.0, but the compile date is 4 days newer than the available download version. Who knows what they changed. I saw some 2332 turrets with version 5.2.6 but I've never seen a download for that version. Again, who knows what is different.

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay...so nothing earth shattering about this then...
It appears to work fine. Wish I could get ahold of the actual file so I could upgrade my other 2342 (currently running 5.3.8).

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay...so nothing earth shattering about this then...
It appears to work fine. Wish I could get ahold of the actual file so I could upgrade my other 2342 (currently running 5.3.8).
Its usually recommended that you don't unless you are having issues.

I don't have any experience with it but a lot of the most experienced posters have advised against it as it can cause you to brick the camera. Seems like the "if its not broke, don't fix it" type thing.

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We had a DS-2CD2442FWD-I come through the office recently also preloaded with v5.4.1.

Had very limited time to check what v5.4.1 brought, but immediately noticed that the camera was configured to use DHCP by default now instead of the 192.168.1.64 default IP address.

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have had this firmware (supplied direct from HikVision), for about a month, still has all the issue that 5.4.0 has, but has few GUI changes. nothing to write home about.

V5.4.1 build 160525