2386G2 - Smart events not working at night

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated with the newest available firmware about a month ago and I feel the events are not very consistent in how they work. Currently I have Intrusion detected set to trigger the output on the camera and it seems to work just fine during the day, but at night in black&white / IR mode it won't trigger. The schedule on everthing from the smart event to the output is 24.7. I'll try it again in the morning and I'm sure it will trigger when it's in color.

Anyone else have this issue?

DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL
V5.7.13

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score
Worked great in the daylight again. Anyone have issues with events at night? picture is clear of course. Validity is only at high, 80% sensitivity for human detection.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Was the camera working fine before you updated it?

Are you on default/auto settings? Things like exposure/shutter setting and brightness/contrast directly impact the ability to recognize objects.

Of course a static picture will be clear - what does the picture look like at night with motion - is it a blur?

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased the camera and updated it right away, so I never used it on the old firmware. Mostly default for video, no BLC, WDR or HLC. 1/60 exposure Night motion is pretty clear. I have a light out there and honestly surprised it is going into night mode, The old camera stayed in color all night long but I know the 4k doesn't do as well at night and this model is slightly different.. 1687629332538.png

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score
1687629406678.png1687629576964.png

During the day it triggers as soon as I approach the car. At night I can walk all the way around it repeatedly and never get a trigger.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Im surprised its even working during the day, Acusense have problem with corridor mode or rotated camera. Simply cant register human/vehicle models in most cases.

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score
Im surprised its even working during the day, Acusense have problem with corridor mode or rotated camera. Simply cant register human/vehicle models in most cases.
Really? I had thought that perhaps the analytics don't realize the camera is rotated but I moved on from that idea since they worked during the day.

I'll rotate it tomorrow and try again. I don't need the height I just don't care about the neighbor's yard.

I forced it into day mode and setup a schedule using low illumination so I could drop the exposure to 1/30 at night and it still doesn't work.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is the camera able to show you the active analytics in real time? Is it showing boxes around moving objects/humans then?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It does if you run in internet explorer and have webcomponents plugin installed + checked mark Show VCA rules option

Arn0

n3wb
Reaction score
Really? I had thought that perhaps the analytics don't realize the camera is rotated but I moved on from that idea since they worked during the day.

I'll rotate it tomorrow and try again. I don't need the height I just don't care about the neighbor's yard.

I forced it into day mode and setup a schedule using low illumination so I could drop the exposure to 1/30 at night and it still doesn't work.
What's your feeling a few months later ? Does it finally work ? Looking for a camera that will work day & night. Thanks for your feedback :)

paulpeter

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased the camera and updated it right away, so I never used it on the old firmware. Mostly default for video, no BLC, WDR or HLC. 1/60 exposure Night motion is pretty clear. I have a light out there and honestly surprised it is going into night mode, The old camera stayed in color all night long but I know the 4k doesn't do as well at night and this model is slightly different.. View attachment 166151
have you try low the target validity?

paulpeter

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, usualy the algorithom doesn't work well when you enable the rotation since the ratio change to 9:16 and is not the same ration as they train the algorithm