2532 hikvision

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How is this camera overall? How is the recording to sd card and how is the performance of the wifi feature? I was thinking of getting the 2332 but was looking into the 2532 for the wifi plus sd card feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wired will always be better...you need to run power to it anyway so try and run a cable.
The 2532 has much weaker ir than the 2332...this is not a big deal indoors or if you are using it at a front door where you dont need significant ir distance..Sd card recordings works well..never tried the wifi..remember you need to order the wifi specifically.
There is a new version of the 2132 that has wifi, sd card and 3 axis lens...there is a thread about it someplace here..the standard 2132 does not have those features.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The ir on the new 2132 same as the 2332? It will be placed corner of the house facing driveway.driveway is about 70 feet away from the house .

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Forgot to mention.driveway light stays on all night.

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could be worth looking at getting some LED IR lights to boost the camera's IR lights on a long drive like that.

PS. have sent you a PM

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no way you will get 70 feet of ir or viewing distance with these cams.. What is the primary area you are trying to capture?

dmiller

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've purchased a 2532, but it's not installed. It's tiny. I think the 2.8mm is the perfect residential door/porch cam. Any criminal is going to know it's a camera, but few visitors would notice. The SD card features and performance should be identical to all the newer models. If I was shooting down a longer drive I would first look at the HV EXIR and carefully select the focal length. I don't know if there's a vari-focal EXIR, but being able to set the focal length in the field might be the way to go for a non-pro when setting up a cam for a long drive.
The driveway lights are good, unless you have just a few bright lights where the camera will be looking at the actual bulb.