264+ Main Feed Failed Sub Feed Operational IPC3042WD

Reaction score
The SSD Died in my BI Server so I took it as a chance to look heavily into my BI setup and how it interfaces with my cameras.

I got CPU usage in BI to drop dramatically by turning on 264+ in the cameras (and thus reducing the bit rate). CPU usage had fallen from 70-80 to 40%. I was impressed.

I checked this morning and two of the cameras are no longer showing the feed on the main stream. My sub stream working perfect still, but trying to access the main stream (even directly from the camera) just displays a grey screen.

As soon as I turn 264+ OFF, both streams work fine.

I've tried rebooting the cams from their interfaces, power cycling them at the switch, and even tried a "restore" from the cameras menu.

I have ports forwarded to my BI Setup, but not directly to the cameras. Camera info below.

Model: IPC3042WD-2.8MM
FW: V5.4.5 build 170124
Encoder: V7.3 build 170119
Web: V4.0.1 build 170118

While I'm posting, is 5.4.5 the latest FW for this camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The SSD Died in my BI Server so I took it as a chance to look heavily into my BI setup and how it interfaces with my cameras.

I got CPU usage in BI to drop dramatically by turning on 264+ in the cameras (and thus reducing the bit rate). CPU usage had fallen from 70-80 to 40%. I was impressed.

I checked this morning and two of the cameras are no longer showing the feed on the main stream. My sub stream working perfect still, but trying to access the main stream (even directly from the camera) just displays a grey screen.

As soon as I turn 264+ OFF, both streams work fine.

I've tried rebooting the cams from their interfaces, power cycling them at the switch, and even tried a "restore" from the cameras menu.

I have ports forwarded to my BI Setup, but not directly to the cameras. Camera info below.

Model: IPC3042WD-2.8MM
FW: V5.4.5 build 170124
Encoder: V7.3 build 170119
Web: V4.0.1 build 170118

While I'm posting, is 5.4.5 the latest FW for this camera?
264+ is proprietary to hikvision and will not work with BI. The reason you saw lower cpu is because BI was not getting the full stream to process...There are other ways to reduce cpu, see the wiki..

Reaction score
264+ is proprietary to hikvision and will not work with BI. The reason you saw lower cpu is because BI was not getting the full stream to process...There are other ways to reduce cpu, see the wiki..
Thanks for the heads up about BI not supporting 264+. I've already switched things back.

Any ideas why there 264+ Stream would stop working from the native camera interface out of nowhere? They were all working a few days ago. I know its not a big deal now, more of a curiosity.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up about BI not supporting 264+. I've already switched things back.

Any ideas why there 264+ Stream would stop working from the native camera interface out of nowhere? They were all working a few days ago. I know its not a big deal now, more of a curiosity.
No idea...