2cd-2342 firmware 5.4.4 new options

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
each to there own but i have found by applying the 5.4.4 fw to one of my 2342 turrets there appears to be a marked improvement in Pic quality with some new features now showing

in particular resolution .. i now have
1280 x 720
1920 x 1080
2304 x 1296
2688 x 1520

what i dont understand at the moment is image enhancement, there is now an expert mode with 2 options, space DNR and Time DNR both with a slide bar for applied amounts ??

As usual the Hik help file is pointless so if anyone has any idea what the heck they are and how they can help please shout

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DNR expert mode has been introduced since 5.4.0

As far as I can tell:

Space DNR:
- When set too high this will soften the image, I used it to eliminate weird artifacts that used to be shown when people where walking by. (I have it set on 10)

Time DNR:
- This works more like the DNR settings we used to know, when set too high you'll notice motion blur and lots of delay in the footage. (I have it set on 20)

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Im still messing with it Kroeg and as yet have not tested the settings at night but i do like the way Time settles dot crawl down, i have upped the sharpness which increases noise but added slightly more time, by zooming in as close as possible on the screen to anything you can adjust so that dot crawl disappears.. it is a fine tune and i only apply it to its minimum amount but best affect

as said not tested at night but the settings do seem effective