2CD2032F-I water ingress at front

Ian Martin

n3wb
Reaction score
Bit of an FYI in case anyone else has the same issue...

Big thunder storm last night and, this morning, one of my cameras was showing a lot of condensation all over the inside of the front plastic window.
upload_2019-6-8_18-43-33.png
I couldn't remove the camera because some knob jockey of a builder had siliconed my soffit and fascia panels over the cable. I could see that water had got in somewhere and put the camera into night mode to let the IR warm it up. I then left the camera pointing at the ground so that any moisture would keep away from the electronics.

Anyway, I after an hour or so, I could see water weeping from under the front glass. It looked like the glass (actually plastic) window had not been sealed completely.

Using one of those sucker gadgets for removing light bulbs, I pulled the circular window off. There were traces of glue but only halfway around the window. After cleaning the window and removing any traces of old glue, I mixed up some Araldite (2 part resin/catalyst adhesive) on an envelope and rolled the edge of the window around on it so that there was about 1 mm of glue all around the edge.

Refitted the window and all seems well (cleaner than the other cameras). Hope this helps someone else.
upload_2019-6-8_18-41-9.png