2CD2135F-IS - Firmware CIFS/NFS Issues w/Synology, No MIC in?

shawnmail

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all -

Have been running 20+ 2032's reliably for over year. Only issues were upgrading the firmware that killed the CIFS interface with my Synology.

Fast forward to a couple months back- Proactively started looking for a new (cheap chinese edition) replacement hikvision model. Picked up a DS-2CD2135F-IS off alibaba expecting no issues with mic in and cifs compatibility as there was nothing about it in the forum. This was about a month ago and I had other projects on the go so I garaged it (didnt see many comments about the 5.4 firmware at the time).

I've now started lookin back into the issues. As I understand it, hikvision removed the mic in option with the 5.4 firmware - or did it simply not exist all along? Using a powered mic isnt that big of an issue - it just seems silly if the previous firmware supported unpowered mics as well - I have a bunch kicking around in the shop.

Secondly is the old issue with the Synology CIFS share. I was an Net admin for 15 years in a previous life and have plenty of tech experience - not to mention I have the other 20x 2cd2032's running like clockwork. I create a user space-limited share as I did with the 2032's - it doesnt matter if its set to 20GB or 500GB - on the format page web interface, it shows as 0. Same if I access it via ivms-4200 on my pc. Even tried shuffling the 2135 onto one of the 2032's running share folders to make sure I didnt mess up the config somehow. Any suggestions? Can you downgrade the firmware on these (tftp trick) to 5.25/5.3 where apparently both my issues didnt exist?

Will be creating a CIFS share via USB on my DDWRT-R7000 router tonight just to see what the cam does with a non-synology cifs share. Will post my results.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Shawn

Ming Zhu

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased a 5 Hikvision camera from eBay these days. I would like to share some sense for you. First, QTY2 of 2CD2142FWD-IS running with V5.4.1 / V5.4.0(upgrade from V5.3.8 to fix email failure connection issue). NAS is running good with freenas CIFS share.
Second, QTY2 of 2CD2135F-IS with V5.3.8 chinese version NAS show uninitialized after formatting. I setting up with DD-WRT router USB share, they can recording but cant download video. can't setting up email setting with SSL option. show up connection to server failure. Third, QTY1 2CD3132F-IWS with V5.3.0 same issue with 2nd batch camera.
Hey all -

Have been running 20+ 2032's reliably for over year. Only issues were upgrading the firmware that killed the CIFS interface with my Synology.

Fast forward to a couple months back- Proactively started looking for a new (cheap chinese edition) replacement hikvision model. Picked up a DS-2CD2135F-IS off alibaba expecting no issues with mic in and cifs compatibility as there was nothing about it in the forum. This was about a month ago and I had other projects on the go so I garaged it (didnt see many comments about the 5.4 firmware at the time).

I've now started lookin back into the issues. As I understand it, hikvision removed the mic in option with the 5.4 firmware - or did it simply not exist all along? Using a powered mic isnt that big of an issue - it just seems silly if the previous firmware supported unpowered mics as well - I have a bunch kicking around in the shop.

Secondly is the old issue with the Synology CIFS share. I was an Net admin for 15 years in a previous life and have plenty of tech experience - not to mention I have the other 20x 2cd2032's running like clockwork. I create a user space-limited share as I did with the 2032's - it doesnt matter if its set to 20GB or 500GB - on the format page web interface, it shows as 0. Same if I access it via ivms-4200 on my pc. Even tried shuffling the 2135 onto one of the 2032's running share folders to make sure I didnt mess up the config somehow. Any suggestions? Can you downgrade the firmware on these (tftp trick) to 5.25/5.3 where apparently both my issues didnt exist?

Will be creating a CIFS share via USB on my DDWRT-R7000 router tonight just to see what the cam does with a non-synology cifs share. Will post my results.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Shawn