2CD2142 and SSH

SJP11

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been slowly working through the painful process of finding the validation code for my 2142.

I have both a 2142 and a 2132 and neither have an activation code on their boxes nor does the ABCDEF code work. both purchased from Amazon direct (not a 3rd party) so no hidden code changing. They operate on firmware 5.3.0 or better and thus Telnet is not available.

On the 2132, I used SSH (root@ etc) so that 'busybox' came up and thru showKey I was able to obtain the verification code for the camera - it was 6 alpha letters nothing like ABCDEF. Anyway I go there in the end and dont think much of HIKvision making this straight forward - I am sure Amazon has not sold me a secondhand camera.

The 2142 is a different story....

Using SSH (root@) it is not accepting my password. I have changed the password several times followed by re-boots and still it does not recognise it. SSH is active within the camera configuration.

Has anyone tried to use SSH to communicate with the latest cameras? Any help would be appreicated please as this is doing my head in......

Thank you...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
both purchased from Amazon direct (not a 3rd party) so no hidden code changing.
That's one hell of an assumption. Doesn't mean this at all. Amazon aren't a manufacturer and do source from different distributors. Why don't you simply just send them back if they don't work?

Post the serial numbers, you can xxxx the last bit out if you like.

SJP11

n3wb
Reaction score
Fair point Del Boy - perhaps a little naive on my part. I will ask Hikvision support to see if they can help. If not then it is coming down at the weekend and going back. Thanks

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't mess around with that if it's new, that's only reason I said that. I've never had that problem and have plenty of Chinese ones too.

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Latest firmware do not support root access on ssh only can access as normal user and it is not possible to mess around with files then.

You need the cloud code? You are sure it is not printed on the cameralabel. On later firmware it should show in webif.