2CD2483G2 WiFi equivelant?

Brenning

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

As the title suggests, I'm looking for an equivalent camera to the 2CD2483G2 (Cube camera) but with the WiFi option also. I used to use the old 3.2mp version, which worked well besides the lower resolution, however the 8mp version seems hard to come by and does not appear to have the Wifi option which I use pretty heavily, as well as the audio being something super useful.

Can anyone recommend an equivalent 8mp camera with all the same features? It doesn't need to be Hikvision, though I do trust their brand...

Last edited:

Brenning

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These tplinks are great, already ordered and got it set up / working. Now I just need a way to split the POE input so that I can power the camera and tplink at the same time! :D
This splitter provides the 5VDC on a micro USB and IIRC, that is what the TP-LINK requires. Of course, there's the issue of protecting the splitter from direct exposure to rain and sun.
Micro USB Active 5 Volt IEEE 802.3af PoE Splitter for Remote USB Power Over Ethernet to Tablets, Dropcam, Nest Cam or Raspberry Pi, Use with 10/100M PoE Switches or PoE Injector

A bigger issue lies in getting the POE power into the cam AND into the splitter, IMO. :cool:

Last edited:

Brenning

n3wb
Reaction score
This splitter provides the 5VDC on a micro USB and IIRC, that is what the TP-LINK requires. Of course, there's the issue of protecting the splitter from direct exposure to rain and sun.
Micro USB Active 5 Volt IEEE 802.3af PoE Splitter for Remote USB Power Over Ethernet to Tablets, Dropcam, Nest Cam or Raspberry Pi, Use with 10/100M PoE Switches or PoE Injector

A bigger issue lies in getting the POE power into the cam AND into the splitter, IMO. :cool:
Luckily for me, powering two devices is not an issue for this particular camera set up, since I can run the poe injector and tplink from the area where the power sockets are, and have the camera on the other end of the cat5 cable where it's mounted. All indoors :D The challenge crossing my mind at the moment is that I have another similar (older camera) on the same wall but pointing the opposite way, which also needs power too (but has wifi built in) so I'm trying to think of a way to power both cameras, but from one cat5 supply cable if possible, however due to the way POE works I don't think I can

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Luckily for me, powering two devices is not an issue for this particular camera set up, since I can run the poe injector and tplink from the area where the power sockets are, and have the camera on the other end of the cat5 cable where it's mounted. All indoors :D The challenge crossing my mind at the moment is that I have another similar (older camera) on the same wall but pointing the opposite way, which also needs power too (but has wifi built in) so I'm trying to think of a way to power both cameras, but from one cat5 supply cable if possible, however due to the way POE works I don't think I can
I'm powering 2 outdoor cams with this==>> SODOLA Gigabit PoE Extender,Waterproof Casing Design 1 in 2 Out POE Repeater for IP Camera, PoE Amplifier, PoE Booster, Wall-Mount, IEEE 802.3at / 802.3af, Network PoE Signal Extender

Several members, including @wittaj , are using this ==>> LINOVISION Mini 2 Port POE Extender IEEE 802.3af/at POE Repeater Up to 1000ft Power Over Ethernet Over Cat5/6 Cable, POE Splitter to 2 POE Devices Like IP Cameras, IP Phone, Wireless AP

They're both basically a POE-powered 2 port POE switch.